Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I recently had a dark transparent vertical line about 2 inches wide appear on my screen. It shows up on every source whether it be on HDMI watching cable, AV or by Component 1 & 2 while on my Xbox. Everything else works fine with the TV it just showed up one day and hasn't gotten any worse but I did not see any similar issue in the forums and was wondering what the cause/solution could be? I've included a couple images of the above. Thanks for any and all help!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you very much. Since you told me it was the light tunnel I did a little research and found an article at the link below. It pretty much states that if you have a model number HLR or HLS series Samsung DLP 2005 or 2006 model they will fix the issue with the light tunnel free of charge since it is a flaw with these models that they are aware of if anyone else has this issue.

“Samsung is addressing the light tunnel “border-shadow” effect that impacted a small percentage of select 2005 and 2006 model year DLP TVs. Customers who own a Samsung HLR or HLS model year DLP TV, and experience a “border-shadow” impact caused by the light tunnel, should call Samsung’s service department at 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864) and arrange for an authorized service technician to perform the service repair free of charge.”

Full article and peoples replies can be found by Googleing "How to Get Your Samsung DLP Light Tunnel Issue Fixed for Free" Sorry I can't post links yet, lol.

Thanks for the help and hope this info helps anyone else out there with this issue. I'll post what happens once I give them a call.

~I just called Samsung and they will have an Authorized Service Center contact me with in 2 business days to come out and fix it free of charge.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts