Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have a HL - R5064W and it keeps on turning off randomly with the two green and one red light flashing. so I thought it was the bulb but the tv starts up fine color looks great and works for about 5 10 mins then dose it again. So i am not to sure where to go with this now could it be the fan and over heating or maybe the thermostat but i am not to sure where that is located.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am guessing it could be a bad solder joint in the power supply. if you are handy at doing these things you could take it apart and look for bad solder joints. sometimes as things heat up it will make things expland and then they loose contact. it also could be other issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lamp has never been replaced and when I took it out I saw a little glass in there so I am thinking that is probably it, He thinks it is ether that or the power supply he says he will be able to fix it for under 200.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The three leds flashing indicates a lamp. It could be something else, but the first step is to try a lamp.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Lamps can behave that way. You won't know until you change it.

When the lamp is a possibility, no matter how remote it seems, start by changing the lamp. Many techs and consumers have wasted much time and effort chasing their tail not doing so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts