Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been searching on this and other forums, but mine is acting a little differently. When I turn it on, I hear the first "click" like a relay, and the tone. Sound comes up, but no fan, no light, no sound at all --EDIT - tried it again, there is a very faint whirring--sounds too quiet and low speed to be the fan. And once I do this, I cannot turn the TV off with remote or on the TV itself. I just sits there with the Lamp led blinking. I have to unplug it to try again. And when I plug it back in, it attempts to restart on its own, without hitting the power switch - goes right back to where it was.

If this info helps, a month or so ago, the TV was turning itself off and giving me the three-light "lamp failure" signal. I decided to wait for it to become more serious, as I am not sure it is worth a new bulb. After a week or so, problem went away.

If model matters, HLP 4663 WX/AT.

Thanks.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you sure the lamp is not lit? Look in the back?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried it again tonight. I did not open the cover, but everything I have read says I should be able to see the white light if it comes on. It did not. I could see a small green light (probably LED) inside the cabinet to the left (looking from behind) of the lamp that was not the "Lamp" led because it wasn't blinking, but that is all.

Clearly heard it recycle--low tone like a fan or something spinning, then a click with the tone stopping, then winding up again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts