Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new to the site and had a question in regards to convergence. I Accidently reset my convergence settings by pressing 5-473 and applying the Almighty Cg. After this all three colors were off and had bends in them. Ive tried readjusting my R G B lines as best as I can but some points still show a little bit of a bend. Is there any way to get one of the colors to be straight so I can use that as a template and adjust the other two colors accordingly??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Samsung may have a template available or the specs for the grid may be in the service manual. One trick to get the lines straight is to tape a string across the screen. Another that I use is a laser level that throws a cross pattern.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have the service manual so I can check the specs there but I never thought of the string methond, thanks for the input! I was just going to use transparency paper and make one big grid. I appreciated the help.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You need to get the size of the grid if it is in the manual. In order to get the linearity right and not cause problems with geometry and correction, you need to get the lines where they are supposed to be.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts