Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got this tv off craigslist with a matching stand for 100 bucks when i got it the guy told me the lamp needed to be replaced so when i get the tv home i noticed the screws holding the lamp cover are missing i power up the tv and the stand by / temp and lamp lights are blinking those are the only 2 lights blinking can i assume its just a bulb? ive already ordered a bulb he told me he had a tv service guy come out and the guy said he needed a bulb but never came back and he just desided to buy a new tv also when i did try to power it up and those two lights are blinking i heard nothing coming out of rear of the tv

·
Registered
730 Posts
Look at the manual online. www.samsung.com See what it says about two flashing lights. With my tv 3 lights have to be flashing for the lamp, but I dont have the same model.

update: ok those two mean lamp cover is off or back of tv set is not shut right. check the switch for the door to make sure the guy didn't break it. little blue switch. also when you put the back on the tv you need to make sure the door is hitting the switch.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200408/20040817140040687_BP68-00283A-02Eng_0506.pdf

page 11 of the manual.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i fixed the tv is working great the only problem is now the colors look kind of washed out could it be the color wheel? its not really bad but it still is a little noticable

·
Registered
730 Posts
Did you turn up the color in the onscreen? I think it also has color temps you can pick. Also if the brightness is set to high it can make the blacks look washed out a little. You may want to go into the service menu and reset the lamp life counter. With the tv off. Wait a little bit before doing this. on the remote in order press mute 1 8 2 power. There is an area were you can reset the lamp life. Turn tv off and wait a little bit before turning back on or it may go back into the service menu. It will give you an idea of how many hours your getting out of a lamp.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well im pretty sure i just heard the color wheel pop theres an extremely loud sound coming from the inside of the tv just started a couple minutes ago when i was playing xbox

·
Registered
730 Posts
well im pretty sure i just heard the color wheel pop theres an extremely loud sound coming from the inside of the tv just started a couple minutes ago when i was playing xbox
that sounds like a color wheel issue. If you heard it pop.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DPY0VG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A197PSWI2ZC5RO

I ordered from the samsung parts direct on amazon before and the parts were shipped from samsungparts.com The price is less on amazon then it is on samsungparts.com

http://www.samsungparts.com/Products/Parts_and_Accessories/PID-BP96-00674A.aspx?model=HLR5067WAX/XAA

124.95 on samsungparts.com and on amazon the price is 69.95

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it still turns on but theres an extremely loud spinning sound coming out of the tv and the colors are very dark and green mostly

·
Registered
730 Posts
I dont see! Whats the issue?? :rofl: At least after you replace it you will know it has two good parts. New lamp and a color wheel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont see! Whats the issue?? :rofl: At least after you replace it you will know it has two good parts. New lamp and a color wheel.
lol i got the part today and changed it and the tv is working great but the color is still a little off and the color wheel didnt come with the cca calibration sheet any idea where i can find it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
would anyone have the cca ie calibration sheet for the BP96-01103A color wheel mine didnt come with it and im having the hardest time finding it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts