Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the forum. I have a samsung DLP tv manufactured Feb 2006 that recently started to shut itself off and then procede to turn itself back on. It would do this about 5 times and then stay on. Just this morning I went to turn my tv on and the Lamp light would flash about 14 times and then the timer light would conme on for a second then repeat the process. It would do this 3 times before flashing all 3 lights at me, Temp, Timer, Lamp. I can hear what I guess is the fan coming on and spinning but I am not entirly sure. Is there a way to take a multi meter that has the tone setting on it and test the bulb to see if the fillement is actually shot or not? Or does it sound like it could be something completly different? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure what you mean by the envelope being compromised. But when I did take the bulb out the little wire that connects the connection to the top of the bulb is still intact and when I looked at the other piece that is wrapped in glass and looked like a flat piece of metal of the bulb it dosent look like it is burn out or anything. I am not sure if they get a black tint when they are burnt out. I am just trying to decide if it is worth buying a bulb for and then finding out that it is something else that will run me more money.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Envelope compromised would be broken or mis-shaped glass. The glass forms the envelope for the electrodes and arc gap.

If you have not changed the lamp, that is almost always the first step in troubleshooting these sets. You might do some searching on the symtoms, and check your user manual for the combination of LEDs and what that means.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts