Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

samsung HL-s4266w

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  lcaillo 
#1 ·
So I just replaced the lamp and now I'm geting I high pitch sound coming from the back of the tv, from the research iv done I'm sure its gonna be the color wheel. But on all the other post people are saying there tvs work fine for about a minute and then shut off. My tv sounds like its turning on but then no picture comes up and then it ends up shuting off after about a minute. I look at the lamp as I turn the tv on but the lamp doesn't turn on and yes I have the switch tapped back so it thinks the door is closed. After it shuts off all 3 lights are flashing in the front (temp, lamp, stand-by). If someone can help me out before I buy a bunch of stuff I don't need that would be great.

#2 ·
Your post has been moved to a more appropriate location to make information easier to find and to make it more likely that others who are interested will find your post.

#3 ·
Is the ballast trying to start the lamp? If not, then the CW is likely the source of the problem. If it is, you could have the wrong lamp, a bad lamp, a bad ballast, a bad PS, or a system control problem. Where did you buy your lamp and have you verified that the ballast is firing or not? It makes a ticking/whining sound that is intermittent, as opposed to the CW noise which is more continuous and will change in pitch as the speed comes up and then goes down.

#4 ·
I'm not sure how to tell if the ballest is firing, it sounds like everything is turning on but I'm not geting any light from the lamp. The same thing happens when I put the old lamp back in. The high pitch sound doesn't change, the tv trys reset itself back on 3 diffrent times before the temp,lamp, stand-by lights start to flash in the front. By the end of all this I never hear the power down melody as if I turned the tv off.

#5 ·
Listen for the ballast firing. The sound is an intermittent ticking very fast. There is also likely a spark gap on the ballast that you will see arcing if you look. The ballast will not fire if the CW does not spin up to the right speed.

#6 ·
Same TV as this poster. I replaced the lamp, but it is doing most of the same things as what the original poster states. Lamp says it is NEW so not sure what the problem could be now? The TV is 5 years old. We can hear the fan, and the powering up, then the picture then it shuts down and all the lights on the front start blinking again. Any help would be appreciated.:sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.