Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbie here. I received a "no inputs detected" message on my Samsing HL-T5075SX DLP TV which is about 5 years old. Both HDMI (TW cable box) and component cables (XBBOX 360) are not detected despite being hooked. I chatted with Samsung who suggested me to local support. I talked to local support, they thought it was a main board issue that would run around $450 to fix (diagnostics, parts, and labor). So...I can either fix on my own or buy a new TV.

Is it easy to replace a main board on the Samsung DLPs? If so, where is best place to buy a main board? Do you guys think this is really the issue? The ironic thing is that I just moved, so the TV was moved to a new house, it sat for 3 weeks, and I just bought a new power cable as the last one was lost in the move. Seems weird to have a board go out during a move...unless something was jarred loose? Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would start with simple observation. Carefully remove the cover and look for loose connections.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, took off the cover. Checked all of the visible wires and found nothing. Now I have a new issues... I turned on tv and now it immediately powers down, then 2 lights flash "standby" and "lamp" which are red and greed?:huh: I cycled a couple times and same thing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the problem for the lights blinking...the lamp screen has a detector that needed to be adjusted. I fixed that up, however same problem..."no input devices detected".

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
What is nm?

Board replacement is not difficult but the problem is getting the right board and getting a good one. It may need alignment or configuration when you get it.

My only other idea would be some troubleshooting of the circuit that detects the signal and the various power supplies and regulators in the set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nm = no message. I double posted on accident.

I was looking again today for loose wires or connections. After double checking connections and wires, I connected the cable from wall direct to TV...success, it worked this time?! Then, I connected my XBOX 360 and it would search for signal when the power was connected...but eventually no signal was found. I don't remember the TV even trying to find signal before.

So...my cable hooked up direct now works and the TV seems to detect some signal for a/v...but the signal is eventually not found. I returned my TW cable box so I couldn't check the HDMI.

Can you point me to reference how to best troubleshoot circuit and the various power supplies / regulators in the set? I'm a novice on this end of electronics.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
As I said, the next step for me would be to do some troubleshooting. You can guess and change boards, but that is a costly and risky path.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts