Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, newbie here. I received a "no inputs detected" message on my Samsing HL-T5075SX DLP TV which is about 5 years old. Both HDMI (TW cable box) and component cables (XBBOX 360) are not detected despite being hooked. I chatted with Samsung who suggested me to local support. I talked to local support, they thought it was a main board issue that would run around $450 to fix (diagnostics, parts, and labor). So...I can either fix on my own or buy a new TV.

Is it easy to replace a main board on the Samsung DLPs? If so, where is best place to buy a main board? Do you guys think this is really the issue? The ironic thing is that I just moved, so the TV was moved to a new house, it sat for 3 weeks, and I just bought a new power cable as the last one was lost in the move. Seems weird to have a board go out during a move...unless something was jarred loose? Any help would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, took off the cover. Checked all of the visible wires and found nothing. Now I have a new issues... I turned on tv and now it immediately powers down, then 2 lights flash "standby" and "lamp" which are red and greed?:huh: I cycled a couple times and same thing...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the problem for the lights blinking...the lamp screen has a detector that needed to be adjusted. I fixed that up, however same problem..."no input devices detected".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nm = no message. I double posted on accident.

I was looking again today for loose wires or connections. After double checking connections and wires, I connected the cable from wall direct to TV...success, it worked this time?! Then, I connected my XBOX 360 and it would search for signal when the power was connected...but eventually no signal was found. I don't remember the TV even trying to find signal before.

So...my cable hooked up direct now works and the TV seems to detect some signal for a/v...but the signal is eventually not found. I returned my TW cable box so I couldn't check the HDMI.

Can you point me to reference how to best troubleshoot circuit and the various power supplies / regulators in the set? I'm a novice on this end of electronics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts