Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My screen is flashing white in the lighter colors. Doesn't do it in the black background. There are times I can watch all day no problems, other times it will start after about an hour.

Just tried to go into the service mode, single green light flashing no picture but had sound. After flashing for a period of time it shut off. Tried it again with same results but then the green light started flashing and the TV turned on and the flashing on the screen was no longer there.

Thanks

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Problems that take a while to occur are usually thermal changes or caps. Thermal problems can often be isolated with heat an cold.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I would have to troubleshoot it to firgure out the answer to that question. I cannot say whether your problem is thermal or not. Only observation of the behavior of the set and testing can do that. Much more information would be needed before drawing a conclusion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The flashing got really bad and the colors were strating to fade. Changed the color wheel and cleaned lenses. Its like I have a new tv. The only problem I ran into is after reassemling my remote doesn't work. probably miss a cable somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts