Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum since I never had any problems with my DLP until now. Bought this DLP many years ago and on 2/09 the bulb went out. Replaced bulb in 2/09 and now two weeks ago I don't have a picture again. I replaced the ballast last week with no luck, so this week I ordered a new bulb again and just got done putting it in and it still don't work. Yes, the switch on the back of the DLP is made and checked it with a meter just incase. I have a system controls background and I checked the voltage to the ballast and measured about 385VDC. When I turn the DLP on the middle light blinks it cycles several times and then all three lights start blinking. I also powered the DLP up without the bulb plugged in so I could see if the colorwheel turns and that still works. I have been told that I need to reset my bulb timer and was not aware of this when I replaced it the first time but now that I don't have a picture I'm not sure how to do this or if this is even the problem. At this point I'm at a loss if you have any suggestions that would be appreciated. I'm now more than 2 weeks without my DLP and miss watching my DLP.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please describe you own symptoms carefully rather than just assuming you have the same problem. No one responded to the OP, probably because no one registered that it was a particular problem that they were familiar with. You might give a more menaingful description in your own words or there may be subtle differences in the information that might be meaningful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts