Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swapped out the board in my TV after it was having black vertical lines on all inputs and all menus. Installed the new board with no issues and now it won't fire up. It tries 3 times and than all 3 LEDs flash as if I should replace the bulb but with the back cover off I can clearly see the bulb shining brightly with a purple-ish hue just like it did before I replaced the board. I ensured all my connections were seated properly and prior to this the lamp had no issues. Any ideas?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Did you by any chance touch the bulb with your bare hands? They say the oils in your skin can ruin a bulb. It's just a thought, by no means am I a tv repair man. Lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't quite recall but it's very possible. I ordered a new one tonight actually two, one for my 50" and one for my 42 so we'll see what happens. Strange enough I prefer the HL-R4266W over the 50". I don't know what the differences are but I just turned off DNIE in the SM on the 42 inch and it looks fantastic.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I don't quite recall but it's very possible. I ordered a new one tonight actually two, one for my 50" and one for my 42 so we'll see what happens. Strange enough I prefer the HL-R4266W over the 50". I don't know what the differences are but I just turned off DNIE in the SM on the 42 inch and it looks fantastic.
That's strange, maybe replacing the bulb will solve your problem. Hopefully

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Probably just another bad board. Very high failure rate with these and many just come in defective.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts