Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Samsung hlr5667 that i got in Dec '05. It was working fine until about a month ago. The screen froze and none of the keys on the remote seemed to be working. I unplugged the tv waited a few mins and plugged it back and it seemed to have worked, except for the fact that everytime I turn off the tv I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it work. I have to repeat this unplugging ritual everytime I turn the tv on/off. I also noticed that since this issue started happening my wii which is connected to the analog input started to show green bars and would freeze and I couldn't get it work at all. while the cabletv which is connected to the component inputs is working just fine. So this is leading me to believe that the Analaog board might be the problem. I'm thinking about ordering the analog board and the color wheel from samsungparts and wanted to get some input from the experts here if it is even worth spending that money. i really hate to give up on this tv i paid too much for it to abandon it in 4 years.

I thought about doing the DNIE chip fix that was mentioned in one of the posts on this board, but since the tv seems to be working everytime I unplug/plug I doubt it is a loose connection there.

any input is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The component inputs are part of the analog board. It's hard to say what one is bad. It's not the issue we normaly see with this model. Have you tried the tuner tuner built into the tv? If you have the lines there it could be the digital board since the tuner is part of digital board. All analog inputs run threw the digital board at some point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you are right, the component inputs are on the analog board, hmm.... I will try the tuner and let you know what happens.

It is weird that the component works and all of the av inputs don't work properly.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
While the component inputs are on the analog board, other than buffers, there is not much done to the signal there. Nearly all of the component signal processing is on the digital board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts