Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Samsung HLR5667w has a brand new lamp, and color wheel, ballast sparks and fans turn but the tv will not turn on, what and how can I check next.

I have read in the forums about dmd and digital board items but they were all about bad images and I could not see where anyone had this same problem.

Here is the sequence of events.
I replaced the Lamp in November. In December the color wheel exploded. I was finally able to replace the color wheel in January and got the three light cycle on front saying bad lamp. I was able to return the lamp for another and still does not work. I have verified that the color wheel spins and changes speed, the ballast does appear to spark and both internal fans spin, but I still can not get the lamp to light and turn on the tv.
Any help would be appreciative before I decide to return the two parts and dispose of the rest.

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Sorry, but if it were mine... I would return the parts if I could, and start with a new projector.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Did it ever work after you replaced the color wheel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I have not gotten it to come on since I replaced the color wheel. After the color wheel exploded and I replaced it, I turned it on and it did the cycling of the lights on the power button. I thought that possibly when the color wheel went it took out the new lamp so I replaced it again to make sure and it still cycles the lamp/temp/standby lights.
So I tried reading up on all the posts on this forum and tried making sure of everything else. Looked in the back and could see the ballast sparking, so I don't think the ballast is bad. I can hear the color wheel spin up to speed and slow done. I also have rechecked the speed sensor connector on it and made sure it was fully connected. Now I am at a loss. I will probably just return the parts I bought and scrap the rest. Thank you

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
My bet would be a lamp. Where did you get the lamp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts