Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I bought my Samsung LED DLP about 4 years ago. I have the HL-T5089S. It is an LED DLP. I loved the TV, till a white pixel popped up and they continued to pop up like zits on a 16 year old boy. I think I even found the Milky Way in my TV. Now I can guesstimate that I have over 200. There are more white pixels than what you can see in the picture.

Is there a fix on this or is this tv basically trash?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
This is almost always a bad DMD chip in my experience.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind. I looked up the info on the DMD Chip. Apparently Samsung replaces them even out of warranty, but that was back in 2010-2011. They pay for the tech and the chip. So I sent them an email. Apparently this happens alot. If I can't get them to replace it, then I see the chips on Ebay for around $175. It just depends on if I can do it myself. I'm worried about electric discharge. It's alot cheaper than buying a new TV and I'm not in the financial position to buy one anyway.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It is not a hard job and as long as you are careful to discharge any static before handling parts you will be unlikely to damage anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need to find my electronic static bracelet to wear. I still haven't received a reply back from them yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts