Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy guys
very nice forum you have here.
i have a convergence problem with my SAMSUNG SP43W6HFX RPTV.
the STK's were damaged by a power failure in my building, i changed them, the tv is working again, the RED and BLUE convergence work's fine but the GREEN wich cannot be changed from remote is messed up.

I need some help please, what can i do to make it wright again?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I am not familiar with this model. Are you in the service mode or consumer mode when you try to align it? Service modes usually allow correction to the green.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did not knew ho to go into service mode, i searched the net last night and found out how to get there, you press MUTE183 and the tv goes to service mode and let's you change RGB whatever you want to.
now i have to align the RGB and it's pretty hard to do it perfect.

i'll put some pics later.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I suggest that you get a copy of the service manual and any training manuals before you mess with the convergence in the service menu.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank for the advice but i don't think there will be any problems, after a few ours spent in the service menu and adjusting of the grid the picture is almost perfect :yay2:, i only hope the stk's will last a few years :bigsmile:.

you will see the pictures are a little bit fuzzy, it's because i pressed the ''still'' button to take pictures and because of the camera too, in reality it looks way better :bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can see in the picture above that in the corners, the grid is out of focus, fuzzi. It was enoyed by that so last night i took the screen of and cleaned the projection lenses and the interior of the screen. It was lyttle dust inside and y was disapointed that i had to unscrew 20 screws or so, but when i turned the tv on i was surprised how much diference it is after cleaning, the picture is a lot brighter and focused than before.

I have a small problem with the autofocus, it says ''check factory data'' and does nothing.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no auto focus, it is auto convergence. I really is not even that. What it does is reset to a few points based on parameters stored previously in the service mode. Like I said, you need to have the service manual. There is a procedure for initializing the auto convergence system.

Edge focus on these sets is not great to start with.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
What other options are there to adjust? Is there some keystone or pincushion correction that can be made? That would help those corners. That might be in the service mode.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
I do not recall specifically for this model. One would need to refer to the service manual.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unfortunetly i don't have the service manual, the corners doesn't botter me so bad, the convergence though is kind of resetting after i turn off the tv, the Blue and Red, Green remains the same.
I think it's related to the autofocus option. It can be done from the tv menu, not service menu, but it's frustrating to do it every time i turn it on :coocoo:

Any ideas ??

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The adjustments in the service mode and the buttons that you have to use on the remote require that you have the manual. The process is not trivial and not something that can be easily related. Get the proper documentation or have a professional who is experienced with your set do it for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, i got my hands on a copy of the service manual, there are 2 sets of values in the manual, i guess first is for NTSC and second is for PAL mode, i used the fist ones. The picture is ok, pretty straight, the convergence is still not perfect.

1 the convergence grid now
2 convergence grid when i press P.MODE button on the remote, manual doesn't say nothing about this button. Is this allignment ? should not be like the horizontal line, white ? horizontal is a white line, vertical is 3 parralel lines BGR from left to wright.

Manual says after convergence is set and saved, press AUTOFOCUS. I press it, it work's but messes up my convergence, if i don-t press it, convergence is drifting in time....few hours.

Attachments

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you saving the data? After you make adjustments they must be saved before you initialize the perfect focus registers.

It also looks like you are overdriving the pix. Turn down your contrast. You may need to adjust the focus and clean your lenses and mirror as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1-yes i do save the settings
2- i have cleaned the lenses, the mirror, the screen.
3- it not the contrast, it's because the camera, in reality it's normal. when i go ito alignment mode, the tv automaticly turns to dinamic mode.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you aligning it in both SD and HD modes, assuming this is an HD set?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts