Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! if you can help me with my problem...
I transfered my old Samsung tv in my cottage and bought a dvd player (the same as in my house)...I went on holiday last month to my cottage and turned the dvd on to watch films but....problem! My tv has perfect picture on every channel but when I switch to dvd it becomes grey! I mean, you can still watch the movie but it's in gray scale...picture is like it was when tv was just invented haha
I checked all the cables, it's perfecty set....

what do you think where is the problem? tv or dvd? solution?
thank you for all the help...

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sounds to me like your using the component cable hookup and have the cables mixed up. What video connection are you using?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Hi there, a little more detail may go a long way here :)

What connection are you using? When i say this i mean what input connector on the TV & output connector on the DVD player?

I'm not sure where you are so you could be using anything. Assuming it has a SCART connector (europe) you might happen to have the TV socket assigned to S-Video & the DVD player outputting RGB. This would likely result in only the luminance being displayed (IE black & white) as the chroma signal would not be delivered from the DVD player..

I'd suggest you go into the menus of both devices & see how the relevant sockets are assigned, match them & you should find a nice colour picture awaits :T Best of luck..

If you have done this already & things are matched then i'd try the DVD player on another TV & see if the same thing happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Europe. I don't understand technology at all so I don't really know what SCART and stuff are :rolleyesno:
all I know there's three colors wires...green, red and...blue I think...
I'll try replacing the cable and see...
thank you for the help:sn:

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ok, if there are three cables (rca) That is component and they must be plugged into the same corresponding inputs and outputs If the TV your using does not have the inputs and outputs as shown:

Then you will have to use a different connection

1 - 5 of 5 Posts