Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sanyo Home Theater Projector PLV z2. Last month when I turned it on, it made a loud squeaking noise, and while the it was in the process of turning on the projector turned off by itself. The projector has three indicator lights on the panel: power, warning, and light bulb replacement. Neither the warning or light bulb replacement light turned on. So I have no clue what it is. Anyone else had the same problem or have an idea what could be wrong?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
A fan was my first thought as well. The other motors that it might have should not be active right away but a fan would. Could also be a power supply squealing under load from a short. Is it more mechanical sounding or electonic?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A fan was my first thought as well. The other motors that it might have should not be active right away but a fan would. Could also be a power supply squealing under load from a short. Is it more mechanical sounding or electonic?
Don't even know what the difference of the sound actually. If I had to make a guess it would be mechanical. Now if its the cooling fan do you know where I can find the part of it. Also would it be wise to get another projector. I went to the Sanyo site to see where I can find a certified service center but unfortunately they don't fix projectors, just televisions.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
It is a different division than consumer electronics and they will want you to send it for service. It took me months to get manuals and parts for the last Sanyo projectors I fixed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts