Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few of us own this projector and it has become a well featured favorite.

Here is some info... links to a few reviews and a link to download the manuals.

Specs/Features:
  • 16:9 Native Aspect Ratio, HD (1280 x 720)
  • 1000 ANSI Lumens
  • High Contrast 7000:1
  • 10 Bit Video Processing
  • Manual Zoom/Focus and Lens Shift with Standard Lens
  • High Contrast Optical System and Twin Iris
  • Screen Size Adjustable from 40" to 300"
  • Net Weight 11.0 lbs
  • 921,600 Pixels
  • Fan Noise 22dBA
  • 15 Pin D-Sub, Data Input
  • Advanced Menu and Color Temperature
  • HDMI and 2 Component Video Inputs
  • Composite, and S Video Inputs
  • Compatible with 480i, 480p, 575i, 575p, 720p, 1035i, & 1080i
Reviews:
Manuals:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Sanyo PLV-Z4 [Reviews | Service Manual]

My entire decision was based on reviews, other user experiences and price... plus the fact that I owned the Z2 model and had been very pleased with it. The Z4 turned out much nicer than the Z2... which I was happy with my Z2, but had read that the Z4 is a significant improvement, and it is indeed.

I really never have had a chance to demo anything. There is absolutely nowhere even remotely close to me that has any sort of demo room available.

F

·
0 Posts
Re: Sanyo PLV-Z4 [Reviews | Service Manual]

Hallo!
I tried to dl the Sanyo Z4 User manual, but the file seems to be corrupted.
Is there another place to dl the pdf file.

cu
ferry

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those files have been repaired and should be fine now. I believe they may have been corrupted in the server move.

Welcome to the Shack!

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI..
The Service manual is not getting downloaded,It says file doesnt beging with PDF
Is there any other location?
Thanks and Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a problem with My New Z4, when I switch on it goes to blinking power mode,I have observed probably cooling fan is not getting switched on, is there any reset availble in the system?

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I don't know what causes that... it worked fine the other day and now it wants to act up... :huh: I'll upload them again.

I'm not sure what to tell you on the problem you are having.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can right click the file and "Save As" and save it to your computer, then open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader... should be no problem. The issue is opening it from this site. There are some modifications that I'll have to check into in order to get them to open from the site.

B

·
0 Posts
You can right click the file and "Save As" and save it to your computer, then open it in Adobe Acrobat Reader... should be no problem. The issue is opening it from this site. There are some modifications that I'll have to check into in order to get them to open from the site.
Cant get the right click save as to work either Sonny.
Tossing up whether to buy Z4 or Z5 seen the Z4 today and it is definately good enough for me. Can't imagine the Z5 could be that much better but maybe some can enlighten me.:nerd:

Cheers Bill

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm... I don't know what's going on with the file. I've looked at everything I know to look at. It works for someone else I had test it. Our server isn't doing anything to it. :huh:

As far as the differences between the Z4 and Z5, Projector Central has a pretty nice review of the Z5.

M

·
0 Posts
If your bulb is not coming on and the lens protector slides closed 10 seconds after you turn it on, it may be the same problem I've had a couple of times with a brand new PLV-Z4. I called the support line and they talked me through a simple fix. I had to reset the thermostat. FIRST, unplug the power cable. Then you gotta open up the case. Take out the screws on the bottom. Then put the baby down right side up (legs on floor) and pull the shell up but NOT OFF because there are wires connecting the shell to the body. Don't touch anything else, only this: in the corner, you'll see a round black plastic gizmo with a white tip in the center. Tell everybody in the room to shut up because you need a quiet room to hear this. Press down on the white center tip until your hear it click once. That's it. Now put the shell back on and put the screws back in. I don't know why the thermostat does this but I can tell you that it has now done it three times and I've had the projector less than two months. The projector does not get hot and the fan stays on to cool off after the unit is turned off. So now, I don't put the screws back in to make it easier to go in and reset the button. Other than this pain in the neck fault, I love the projector. Good luck and don't electrocute yourself!

B

·
0 Posts
Hi Guys,
Bought home new Z4 today. Just been playing DTS demo dvds on denon 2910 player. I think I will be smiling in my sleep tonight. hehehe. Thanks again sonnie for making service manual available could be very helpful in years to come.
Cheers Bill

1 - 20 of 23 Posts