Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think your best settings are going to depend on several things... your setup, screen, lighting conditions, etc. We tinkered with mine for some time before getting it in pretty good shape.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A couple of people have mentioned an issue in this thread with their Sanyo PLV-Z4, having to open the case and press the thermostat to reset the unit. Alas, that did not work for me. I was able to download the service manual but didn't find anything else useful. I do get a power light (which indicates the fuse is intact). Pressing power causes the power indicator light to change from red to green but that is it. The lens cover does not open and the bulb does not come on. Pressing the power button again will not turn the unit off either. As the unit will not light, I can not get to any on-screen menu.
Has anyone had the same problem and able to provide a solution?
This unit is now several years old and on its third or forth bulb. Am I foolish to send it in for repairs compared to replacing it with something new?
I have a $1000 Costco gift card and was looking at their Canadian site. Although a number of the advertised units are perhaps entry level machines, I think they all have better specs than my old Sanyo.
Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I personally had a Z4 but sold it a couple years ago. I never had any issues with it so I'm not sure but I think that the bulb will fire before the door opens, the door not opening may be an indication the bulb has gone.
Given how old that model is even a low end 1080p projector will out preform it. $1000 with a little tacked on top would be enough to buy something much better.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts