Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
I would call Projector People 1-888-248-0675 and see if they stock them and if not ask if they can order it for you. If they can't then I would call Sanyo directly and speak with their parts department.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rodny, thanks man!
I called Projector People (PP) and they can ship to me in just a few days. The man I spoke with, Mike Norton, was extremely helpful. The part number he gave me is #6103154497. Less than $30 seems to be the norm. Of course I had to shop around the net (I feel like such a cheap-skate shopping for something less than $30 :sarcastic:). A Google search of the part number showed several results, all the same price. I feel obligated to buy from Mike at PP since he was so helpful.

The thing that amazes me is that a quick internet search of Sanyo Z2 will light up your screen with guys complaining of heat issues. Most likely due to choking air intake from a clogged filter. Mike said they had never sold this part number. Amazing. :rolleyesno:

Thank You very much Guys! :T

Bob

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hey... did you use that $20 coupon? You didn't forget about it did you?

Spoiler
Just Kidding... :whistling:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Sonnie,
Yea I used the coupon. Everything was going fine but when the fella asked me how I heard about them I said Sonnie from The Shack sent me. He said the coupon was void. :hide: :rofl:

(Sorry man, couldn't resist)

Actually, I called back and my new buddy was gone for the day. I spoke with a different guy and he said they don't sell that item. When I gave him the part number he said it was no good. :explode:
He gave me Sanyo parts phone number, so I called them. They don't sell parts direct. This guy gave me the phone number for the East coast distributor for Sanyo parts. Soooooo, I called them. That guy was more than helpful, in a very short phone conversation the end result is that in about 10 days I'll have a "pack" of filters (quantity of actual filters unknown) for $32 with shipping.

Thanks everybody for your help!
Bob

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have a "pack" of filters (quantity of actual filters unknown) for $32 with shipping.
Well, I received my "pack" yesterday. Nice cute little box filled with ONE filter. :foottap::explode:
$32 for a filter. :sarcastic: The filter in my truck has 100 times the material as this PJ filter does and is cheaper. I understand the part number for my truck will sell 1,000,000 this year, and the Sanyo's piece woun't sell near as much but, JEEZ.... :rolleyesno:
I feel a little "sore" in a particular area if you know what I mean.

The good news is that I can now watch an entire movie without the fan kicking into highgear halfway through, so that's cool.
If memory serves, I've had the PJ about a year and a half, so $32 doesn't seem to bad. Can't remember how many hours it's got on it.

OK, rant over..... :bigsmile:

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts