Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again

Sorry for all the questions!

I'm sure that sometimes when I re-open a set of graphs the colours of the traces change. I just wondered whether they should be saved or not?

For example, on one set of measurements yesterday I changed all the trace colours individually so that the graphs would be easier to compare. I then saved the set of measurements (by saving and overwriting the previous saved set as I did not need both - I had only changed the colours).

But today when I re-open it seems the colours have changed again?

Any ideas please?

Cheers

Max

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
The colours are not saved as part of the measurement data, they are treated as a property of the view rather than the individual measurements. When measurements are loaded their trace colours are assigned according to the current trace colours in the View preferences. These do get a bit scrambled when measurements are deleted as the trace colours are shuffled to make sure deleting a measurement does not change the colours of other measurements. One way to get consistency is to select the "Set Default Colours" option from the View preferences or the trace colour chooser dialog.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The colours are not saved as part of the measurement data, they are treated as a property of the view rather than the individual measurements. When measurements are loaded their trace colours are assigned according to the current trace colours in the View preferences. These do get a bit scrambled when measurements are deleted as the trace colours are shuffled to make sure deleting a measurement does not change the colours of other measurements. One way to get consistency is to select the "Set Default Colours" option from the View preferences or the trace colour chooser dialog.
OK John - thanks for clarifying and for doing so immensely quickly!

I have various sets of measurements, and each set requires a different "set/run" of colours for it to look good and easy to read. If you know what I mean.....(? - I can illustrate with an example if not).

As such, I spent some time last night changing all the colours accordingly and to find them all changed this morning. Never mind.

Anyhow, is this on the suggestions list for future releases?

Many thanks

Max

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
It is not on the list, but I'll give it some thought. Saving colours with measurements is likely to cause more problems than benefits, as it would tend to lead to a lot of repeated colours when loading various measurements. One option might be to allow sets of trace colour settings to be saved/loaded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts