Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday after getting home from work got the dreaded news my dad had a bad heart attack,paramedics got him back but a second attack did him in.he was 80 and after battling diabeties for years his heart gave out.
Only a few weeks ago we talked about him flying out to Cali to see my small theatre.so I have kept busy showing my wife around New York City streets,dad worked in The city for 38 years and I felt it better to spend time doing that instead of being at my brothers moping.
Thanks to all here who read my post and God bless.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Prayers are with you during this time of sadness for you and your family.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
My condolence to you and your family. Losing a loved one, especially, a parent is always hard.

I am always reminded of this poem when thinking of Dad.

My Father Through The Years

When I was 4 years old – ‘My Daddy can do anything’
When I was 5 years old – ‘My Daddy knows a whole lot’
When I was 6 years old – ‘My Dad is smarter than your Dad’
When I was 8 years old – ‘My Dad doesn’t know exactly everything’
When I was 10 years old – ‘In the olden days when my Dad grew up, things were so different’
When I was 12 years old – ‘Oh well, naturally Dad doesn’t know anything about that, he is too old to remember
his childhood’
When I was 14 years old – ‘Don’t pay any attention to my Dad, he is so old fashioned’
When I was 21 years old – ‘Him? He’s hopelessly out of date!’
When I was 25 years old – ‘Dad knows about it but then he should, he’s been around so long.’
When I was 30 years old – ‘Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks, after all, he’s had alot of experience’
When I was 35 years old – ‘I’m not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad!’
When I was 40 years old – ‘I wonder how Dad would’ve handled it, he was so wise’
When I was 50 years old – ‘I’d give anything if Dad were here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn’t appreciate how smart he was. I could’ve learned alot from him.’

Author – Ann Landers

RIP to your dad!

·
Registered
910 Posts
My sincere condolences to you & your family

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I agree with you though, instead of moping around you can remember the good times you spent with him. You and your father will be in my prayers, God bless.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
So sorry to hear about your dad. It's tough to lose family...sounds like you guys were close. My prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Thanks tonto it means a lot. Yes we were even though I was in California and he was in New Jersey we called each other every other day.i learned a lot from him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts