Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All.
First post. I recently bought a Pioneer sc 55 to replace my sc 07. Found it was a slight upgrade. I've been thinking about a Denon 4311 while i can still return the Pioneer to BB. My speakers are all Mirage (omd 15,c2)
I have an anti mode 8033 for my SVS sub. I can pick up a 4311 for about what I paid for the sc 55. Anyone have any input? Also ,have to wonder if there is a replacment coming for the Denon as it's over a year old. I've reached the "paralysis from analysis" stage. Any input would sure be appreciated.

Howard

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
I do like that the 4311 offers Audyssey's MultEQ XT32 with SubEQ HT. In addition, Denon has one of the highest if not the highest resale values in the business.

As for power, I would doubt that the Denon would offer more power. However, XT32 I find to be far superior to Pioneer's proprietary MCACC.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have to ask, what were you wanting from the 55 that the 07 didnt offer ?
Thats a very good question. I think I got caught up in the reviews. I've never felt that immerseive theater effect. I went with another Pioneer because I've always felt they offered an excellent product in their Elite line. I guess my mistake was thinking that products from the same company would offer significant differences.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I've never felt that immerseive theater effect.
Nothing more important than a premium speaker package that is setup properly... Ive only heard one MIRAGE 5.1 system and while the sound quaulity was good, overall I would have to say that I wouldnt recommend them highly accept for a small room and defiantely better than BOSE... that being said its just hard to meet high standards in HT without spending a big load of bucks... even some of the most expensive in-walls really lack the capacity to provide just what your describing " an emersive sound field that keeps you glued in your seat and makes you say WOAH when the action starts happening with a great soundtrack

I do think you made a great buy on the reciever, and I highly recommend the ELITE line over many other brands, now start auditioning some serious speakers of which there are many and all sorts of threads here on that subject....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts