Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this seemed like the best place for this thread because it primarily deals with sono subs...
anyone have a scrap section of sonotube that I could purchase?

I need either

20" dia 5ft long

or 30" dia 2ish ft long

this will be for a sealed enclosure...sonosub calculator tells me this will give me just shy of 8cubic ft.
this is the first step in changing the current curve of the WAF

thanks in advance.
Brian

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so I was driving home from dopping my wife and son off at the airport...I came across a piece of sonotube laying on the side of the road...so I went home grabbed my hatch back and went back to pick it up...put it in the car...went to work...then when I came home I noticed that in my excitement i didn't realize that this thing is 50" across...so I might cut it down a bit and use it as a big coffe table sono sub...or I may just throw it out...because its huge.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking about the massive size of this thing...then I thought...what about cuting it then rolling it up in a spiral like a snail shell...then securing wood to the sides like normal...then have the bends be 3-4" apart and use that like a long curved slot port.

How would I go about calculating this to see if its even doable?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
never mind...I went down stairs to measure its depth...and I noticed that it was wet on one side and the moisture made the layers split apart about half way through the depth of the tube all the way around.
Guess its off to white cap in the spring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts