Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the latest BW mix that would work good for me????

Panny ax200
13'6" throw
123" screen
Dark gray walls and ceiling
No windows (basement)
used with no lights or a little ambiant lighting

And thanks to all the work the screen team did with the mixes and testing....

????

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Chad,

There is only one Black Widow. :bigsmile: 4 parts Valspar Ultra Premium Flat Enamel, tinted PPG Bermuda Beige, to one part Auto Air Aluminum Fine. The Bermuda Beige should be a beige/pink color. Mixed with Auto Air Aluminum it becomes gray. :T

The Valspar can be gotten at Lowes. The AAA can be gotten at local art stores, auot paint dealers, or online through a number of places. I get mine at Dick Blick's Art Supply online. I never did find anyone that stocked it locally for me.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mech. So what happen with the mixes that were being worked on in part III and four or is that the Grzboken Cat?

I will pick up the items tomorrow, thanks.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Gryzboken.... :rofl: made my day!

Further Investigations Part III ended up being Scorpion.

Further Investigations Part IV has been a bust so far. The one thing that has been proven is that too much AAA was not a good thing. And I believe silver fire proved that too much mica is a bad thing as well. But I am still working on this... kind of. Hunting season is here and I have a lot of chores to catch up on during my weekends so that I can leave for several weekends in October/November. Might not see anything until the new year. :dunno:

Bill's got me working on a very dark, high gain project at the moment. What little time, I have I spend on that. This may possibly be done before the end of the year... knock on wood.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good luck with the project and the hunts. I am a bow hunter myself as well as a game warden so i hunt and hunt the hunter....

Thanks for the mix of BW. but, would scorpoin work better??

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Something I think needs to be pointed out is that when Mech says "AAA" he means "AAA-F". This is VERY important since AAA comes in three grades, Fine, Medium and Coarse. The Medium and Coarse grades have aluminum flakes that are too large to be used for screen paints.

Also be aware that Createx (the makers of Auto Air Aluminum) also have other brands with similar sounding names and similar looking labels called "Createx Airbrush Colors", so be SURE to get Auto Air Aluminum - Fine #4101, no other paint will provide the same effect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Don. got it AAA-F and PPG BB at 4:1.

I just ask you this on the other thread, Is a quart enough?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
good luck with the project and the hunts. I am a bow hunter myself as well as a game warden so i hunt and hunt the hunter....

Thanks for the mix of BW. but, would scorpoin work better??
Having the Panny AX200 myself and knowing how bright it is even in cinema mode- that's why I recommended Black Widow ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts