Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to remove and clean my screen because my kids pumpkins were on top of the tv and rotted and leaked into the screen.I washed them in the shower but after re-installing them the picture is blurry in the corners and also the field of view is greatly diminished.Have to pretty much sit directly in front of the tv to see it bright.Is there a certain order/direction the lenticular and fresnel go? They were taped together but I separated them to clean.The picture was fine before I took the screens out. The order right now is the clear screen is outermost then the lenticular and then the fresnel. Could they be upside down or inside out?
Thank you
PT53WX54J

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Re: Screen Replacement

The orientation, back to front, and top to bottom, is very critical for these screens. You likely got one or both backwards.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please do not duplicate your posts. Your duplicate in the other thread was deleted and my repsonse was moved here.

The lenticular ridges should be facing out. The fresnel can be difficult to tell. Try it opposite what you have if the lenticular is oriented correctly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I took it apart again. They had what looked like part numbers on them in corner of the fresnel and lenticular. I oriented them so you could read them both if you were looking from the rear of the set. This took care of the blury edges.The focus is fine now..but I still have the problem of having to be directly in front of the tv in order to have uniform brightness. Which lens deals with the light distribution? Could I have ruined them by washing them?

Thank You Again.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The lenticular lens (front) distributes the light off axis horizontally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts