61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks very much!

They look as they should, which is great. The added Liquitex balances things nicely. I'm actually using that at the moment, and it is working really well.

Any comments?

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I've added data for the CIELAB L*a*b* color space, RGB data in a more common format and the Munsell N value for the mixes.

These are very dark gray screens and should do a magnificent job at absorbing any ambient light and boosting perceived image contrast as long as you have enough fL of image brightness to suite you. They are aslo VERY neutral! :T

·
Registered
19 Posts
These are very dark gray screens and should do a magnificent job at absorbing any ambient light and boosting perceived image contrast as long as you have enough fL of image brightness to suite you. They are aslo VERY neutral! :T
Hi, Could you check that. It was intended to be about N8, and the resulting grey is not all that dark...

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I've added data for the CIELAB L*a*b* color space, RGB data in a more common format and the Munsell N value for the mixes.

Hi, Could you check that. It was intended to be about N8, and the resulting grey is not all that dark...
Yeah they're off a bit. CalMAN measures the Y value in foot lamberts, so you have to multiply the Y value by 3.426 to get the nits value.

So the CIE Lab numbers are 80.723 0.696 -0.051 for Ashville and 81.178 0.524 -0.017 for the Ashville/Liquitex Silver mix.

RGB numbers are 201.66 199.92 200.45 for Ashville and 202.61 201.28 201.64 for the mix.

Harp probably wants to smack me upside the head right about now for not doing the conversions. :hide:

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Harp probably wants to smack me upside the head right about now for not doing the conversions. :hide:
Not at all Mech, I know your time is at a premium; but I'm not feeling too happy toward CalMAN at the moment... I'm just glad you got it all sorted out. :T

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Not at all Mech, I know your time is at a premium; but I'm not feeling too happy toward CalMAN at the moment... I'm just glad you got it all sorted out. :T
Could be my fault Don. I may have missed a box to check or a radio button to push. I'll check it out though. If it is a limitation of the software, I'll get a request in to get it added. Hopefully it could be added in time for 4.5.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi mechman
iam from india got a sony vpl hw 50 es, my screen size 16:9 approximately 100 inch diagnol,projector throw distance of 10 -11 feet,dedicated home theater space, absolutely no issues of ambient light, my theater is pitch black , wall and ceiling are dark color and no reflection, can get hands on dulux neutral grays,white, iam split between white or munsell 9 gray ( i can get 00NN/ 83/000 ), please help , iam employing some body to paint so cannot experiment toomuch, your opinion is wellcomed

61 - 70 of 70 Posts