Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, paint has only cured for a day, but here are some screenies. Pictures look like green is too strong, but I don't remember thinking that as I watched the movie. I shall have to pay more attention to that.
HD65, 92" Screen. Screen is melamine with Behr Silver Screen using 4850, and Behr White Opal Pearlescent.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
Sometimes it can take several weeks for a screen to reach it's final color, with the most change coming in the first day or two.

To take the best photos of the screen I have always found that I need to set the white balance of the camera to the screen with the PJ shooting a "white field" image (found on calibration DVD's). I notice that your first photo was taken with a white balance set to 'daylight' and the last two were on auto white balance. Sometimes a projected image will fool the cameras auto white balance and the photo will be a bit off-color.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
How can you tell this? You are probably right. First one was done on manual, other two on auto.
What, you want to to divulge all my secrets? Well... OK! :bigsmile:

Most digital cameras write a bunch of info about the camera settings for each photo it takes and includes this in the photo's file header. You can view this info with many photo editing programs. The Opera browser that I use has this feature built in and there are add-on programs for Firefox to also read this info. Just look for programs or add-ons that read EXIF data.

I accidentally stirred up a hornet's nest of trouble on AVS by mentioning that one of the photos MM took awhile back used the camera's flash (which it did, you can tell from the photo itself) and he replied that he emphatically did NOT use the flash. I told him that the Exif data contained in the photo said the camera did use the flash, and in Red-Eye reduction mode yet. Prof55 also said that the Exif data said this, but to this day MM is of the opinion that the flash didn't fire. I mentioned that if the flash indeed didn't fire and yet the camera said it did (which is possible if the camera is not working right) that his camera should be examined because it might not be working right, this was taken as a personal attack against MM (which it certainly was never meant to be) and the post was deleted.

·
Banned
14,914 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh . Good thing I have already screwed up my health. I am not too worried. Room has exhaust going, and the overall amount is not the same as painting the whole room. Good advice though, and, hopefully someone else reads it be fore they buy it.

That being said, it is working well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts