Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
It's been about 8 months since you last posted.
Curious if you have added the 2 Fi subs yet?
Yes, I added the two subs very shortly after I had the first two up and running. I irresponsibly found it in the budget to do so, but I couldn't hold out. The additional two improved response some, but the additional output gave me the requisite headroom for EQ, and that was probably the bigger gain.

It's now in set it and forget it status, in fact, recently the binding posts on one of my amplifiers (I have two EP1500s, 1 channel to 1 sub) had come lost and I one of the four weren't being powered. I didn't even realize it until I was in the storage area with music playing doing some household cleaning. Not to say the 4th sub doesn't make a difference, it does, but that the whole system is blended in now that I'm not actively focuses on just sub response.

Last time I did a sweep I was over 110db @5Hz reseasonably flat (until I house curved) from the front row of my theater.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is IMPRESSIVE.
For WAF it is a huge win, except the broken dishes in the kitchen vibrating out of the cabinets.
:T

·
Registered
38 Posts
i dont think @Scubasteve2365 has been around these parts for a while. but if anyone can chime in this would be helpful

looking at his placement of the sub compared to the front channel speaker. does having the sub output close to the front albiet on the side cause any cancellation?
i have a similar setup and am trying to decide if i need to move my sub a set of studs further away.
option 1. sub output closer to speaker output. fear is some sort of cancellation of frequencies.
option 2. sub output one set of studs further south of the fronts but that places the backside of the driver very close to the underside of my staircase.

Attachments

21 - 24 of 24 Posts