Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi All. Been some time since i have posted. Recently moved and this has opened up the need for a new sub.
I posted here..http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/86257-some-thoughts-perhaps-direction-ideas.htmleas.html

And would really like to utilize a SDX 12 in my limited space. But am unclear on if this is possible? I dont winsid so was hoping someone would be gracious enough to let me know if this will even work? I have done a few slot ports with good success and assume it would be tuff to get a regular port in there with the limited box size..

max box size= 18.25 wide 18.75 deep 20.5 tall
cant use passives
want it ported
havent decided on an amp yet and am open
want super low and clean, dont want the farts:)
considering the antimode
considering upgrading my receiver, currently a denon avr1800 about 14 years old:eek: not sure if audysee is worth it or just the antimode or neither..

as always appreciate the help.

Johnny.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Same size as my ported SDX12 subwoofers. Shouldn´t be a problem to build with slotport in that size it would be easier than my vented design but still you have to make a test cabinet or at least be able to adjust the length of the slot before finishing the box.

Tuning 18-20Hz
I read in your other thread that winISD can´t simulate slotport I have no experience trying it myself but winISD tells me 16.61" wide 0.28" hight and 10.77" length. But it will probably not be accurate at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts