Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
, I am still getting caught up with a trio12/Apr15, and sdx10/apr10(2) projects !! Hopefully by the time I am done both the Sdx15-II will be updated, then I can start the paperwork for my separation ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Any news? Has it been received yet?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Any news? Has it been received yet?
It's in the air and parameter verification testing should happen next week. Sea shipment next week sometime so just before Christmas arrival. Later than we had hoped but that's the way things are. Pricing details to follow.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's in the air and parameter verification testing should happen next week. Sea shipment next week sometime so just before Christmas arrival. Later than we had hoped but that's the way things are. Pricing details to follow.

Bob
If testing goes well and it meets the design specs, and the pricing is within my budget :spend:, you might be sending a couple my way.:wave:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I guess Christmas is out of the question for these...
The sample sent by air finally got here and is being tested so that we can determine the most accurate specifications and parameters of a production unit.

The shipment is due January 2nd but that isn't certain yet.

I expect to put up the item in the shopping cart next week some time.

Thanks for your patience.

Bob

·
Registered
261 Posts
The sample sent by air finally got here and is being tested so that we can determine the most accurate specifications and parameters of a production unit.

The shipment is due January 2nd but that isn't certain yet.

I expect to put up the item in the shopping cart next week some time.
Thanks for the update!

I look forward to seeing the final parameters (with R2 & L2). :nerd:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Xmax = 28mm one way
Xmech = 30mm one way

that does´t look so good, xmax-xmech are really close and it will be easy to bottom the driver and hear that scarying "klonk" sound!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Xmax = 28mm one way
Xmech = 30mm one way

that does´t look so good, xmax-xmech are really close and it will be easy to bottom the driver and hear that scarying "klonk" sound!
This driver is designed to "soft bottom", the clearance in the motor is much higher. Unlike many manufacturers we are choosing to publish the actual limits of the driver mechanically and not just list Xmec as the clearance before the coil contacts the back plate, as in many cases the suspension limits travel before hard bottoming.

The shipment is in Canada and should be delivered next week. As I'm at CES next week the driver will go on sale about the 12th. A pair will sell for $520 shipping included other than Alaska and Hawaii.

Bob

·
Registered
34 Posts
This driver is designed to "soft bottom", the clearance in the motor is much higher. Unlike many manufacturers we are choosing to publish the actual limits of the driver mechanically and not just list Xmec as the clearance before the coil contacts the back plate, as in many cases the suspension limits travel before hard bottoming.

The shipment is in Canada and should be delivered next week. As I'm at CES next week the driver will go on sale about the 12th. A pair will sell for $520 shipping included other than Alaska and Hawaii.

Bob
Man, I was getting ready to give up hope! You have no idea how close I was to going with the new Dayton Ultimax drivers, even though the SDX should be superior. That looks like a pretty fair price - just need to see the final specs to see what size (ported) enclosures these will need.:T

21 - 40 of 58 Posts