Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bob, can you share a little more of your thought process on why you're pushing people toward duals with the progressive pricing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bob, I built a standard TRIO 12/APR 15 Subwoofer Kit a few years ago. It goes low but the Bash 500 is way too powerful for the driver.

Would the SDX12 be suitable in this enclosure and could it handle the Bash500? More importantly, would there be any improvement in sound?

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
The shipment arrived on Friday and I'm behind in getting things set up. You can call me to order if you are impatient.

Bob
I don't want to be a bother; I'll wait. Just wondering what the status was...

Thanks!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Bob, I built a standard TRIO 12/APR 15 Subwoofer Kit a few years ago. It goes low but the Bash 500 is way too powerful for the driver.

Would the SDX12 be suitable in this enclosure and could it handle the Bash500? More importantly, would there be any improvement in sound?
Ditto on this one. I am intersted in the answer. 500W wayyyyyyyy too much for this driver. not sure how it got recommended as a power supply :)

Current subs are :
trio12/apr15/bash500 ; and
trio12/apr12/apr12/dayton spa500

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto on this one. I am intersted in the answer. 500W wayyyyyyyy too much for this driver. not sure how it got recommended as a power supply :)

Current subs are :
trio12/apr15/bash500 ; and
trio12/apr12/apr12/dayton spa500
I would also like to know the answer as well, I've got a Trio12/apr12/apr12 bash500 and am interested in swapping out the trio with a sdx12 if it models well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Order has be placed for a pair.:spend::D

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is the power rating of the new driver? I have seen 1000W somewhere but can somebody confirm?

The SDX12 is on sale yet they only have preliminary parameters available on the site.

There are new SDX12 Subwoofer Kits available at CSS but no descriptions of enclosure measurements???

Anybody?

:rant:

·
Banned
169 Posts
Anyone have any idea on a sealed box size for the SDX12 for use in a car audio setup? Creative suggested 1cu ft but to me that seems kind of small to squeeze it into. Anyone see a problem using it in a 1.5cu ft enclosure, with about 800watts and maybe a 25-30hrz subsonic filter?

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Its just the power handling/thermal rating of the motor I need really, just so I know what its limit is. I figured on 1000 watts?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts