Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to build a subwoofer with an SDX12 in a sealed box I was thinking of using the BASH 500W Amp. I have been given specs from Bob at CSS they are as follows:

Fs: 21.3
Re: 3.72
Le: 1.38
Qes: .414
Qms: 3.962
Qts: .374
Vas: 67.47
Sd: 490.9
BL: 18.38
Mms: 275.9
SPL: 84.01
Xmax 28mm

I have tried to make WinISD utilize these parameters to show me what the optimal enclosure size would be but am having difficulty. It keeps giving me error messages and won't let me even close the program I have to unistall it to close.

Can someone help me here?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Welcome to HTS!

It looks like 1.0cuft would be ideal sealed performance, and if you wanted the smaller you could try down to 0.6cuft and make sure it's fully stuffed.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
.60 cu.ft ???? For a 12" sub ???? That is almost impossible . How is the sub even going to fit I the box!!!! I just built a set of Speakers in .5 cu.ft box!!!

Anyway check the member build thread you are not the first person to build this sub. If you have some dimension restrictions then post them up and there are plenty of people that can help you out!!!

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
.60 cu.ft ???? For a 12" sub ???? That is almost impossible . How is the sub even going to fit I the box!!!! I just built a set of Speakers in .5 cu.ft box!!!

Anyway check the member build thread you are not the first person to build this sub. If you have some dimension restrictions then post them up and there are plenty of people that can help you out!!!
A 13"-14" cube with bracing would be pretty close to 0.6cuft net.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts