Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

181 - 200 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you insinuating that I am on holidays, bored, and up to no good? Maybe you are about to tell us some good news? I can't tell.

Jon

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yep your bored and up to no good.

Hate to be the guy to tell you. Especially because I don't even know you :heehee:

But!

I have some news for yuz

IMG_1779 (Custom).JPG

So this is the same basket and motor with the new cone, spider and voicecoil assembly.

It works.

Works well and looks very promising. All things are as they were designed to be.

Bob has been in the loop on all of this. I think happy is the right term.
Things are finally working out properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay, okay... I am up to no good. mwmkravchenko almost let slip with the goods, and so I was almost successful. Since I registered here I have moved to Abbotsford. The thought that I would support a local business and end up with such a great driver is cool. Not to mention that the only decent sub that I can afford right now has got to be DIY.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm not that easy buddy!

Drop in on Bob he doesn't bite.

Mark

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Hi,

I met with Dan W today and have authorized a production sample to be built and tested before the complete production run is authorized. It turns out that we had to go to a different factory and we believe we have found the right one. That makes 4 factories that I will no longer do business with and explains part of the delay as well as the shift in business model being adopted. More to come next month.

Bob

·
Registered
580 Posts
Preliminaries will be in Bob's hands soon. What he does is up to him.

Mark

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes. welcome to what happens when things go wrong that you have zero control over.

It is an extreme exercise in patience.

I have been working on this for the whole time!

I had hair when I started!

Mark with curved baffle.jpg

I keep telling myself I look better now!

:rofl2:

·
Registered
270 Posts
That looks like the beginning of the bridge arch on Picard's Enterprise. I have a vision in my head of a 2 row home theater with a arch bar behind the 2nd row with 2 integrated touch screens and any home automation controls or such to create a Trek feel to it in a otherwise mundane build. "Torpedo's ready captain!" I also would install my X-Arcade tankstick and a digital plungger in the center of the two flanking touch screens for some retro arcade action.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Nope.

That's the front baffle of a CBT that I'm working on.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey hey hey!! No Working on other projects you've got plenty to do. There are some patient men/women her waiting for a subwoofer. No dilly dallying lets move it!!

Lol jk keep up the great work!!

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
What's sad is I bought a pair of 1st Gen sdx's right when they came out but, due to unfortunate moving circumstances and military duty, I am just now able to put one (sold the other) into my newly founded media room. Just in time for the new model to come out.

181 - 200 of 343 Posts