Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Anyone know when these will be available and if they can be powered with 500 watt or they will really need a good 1200-1500 watt to really get alive ?

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
The specs have yet to be released, but they are expected very soon :T I would have thought 500 watts would be ok with this driver, but that amount of power would be best put to use in a ported design.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Anxiously await the arrival of this driver.
The MK I was/is awesome in my 4ft^3 sealed box.

Planning to build a DIY LT circuit for it in the near future...but this MK II seems really promising:D.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm wondering if it will be a better band for the buck than the Mach 5 audio IXL 18.2.2

It will certainly has an overall better SQ and built quality.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i can almost guarantee it won't come close to the mid $200 range, it will be closer to the mid $300 because this driver will be competing with the LMS series TC sounds drivers.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I happen to know there was a test of the driver at the end of January that would have been the final driver design had it passed the test. I gather Bob at CSS wasnt happy with the results and wants to ensure the driver is the best it can be, so it will be a little longer yet. Exactly when I cant say for certain, but fingers crossed it wont be too long and Bob can hopefully give us some info on this.

·
Registered
119 Posts
So, is this new driver just a myth? I am going to be it the market for one soon, don't know how long I can wait.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Remember, good things come to those who wait.........ahhhhhh who am I kidding, I am the most impatient person I know, I want one now:hissyfit:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Hi,

While I could give details for some of the delay it wouldn't speed things up and I'm as frustrated and impatient as all of you. Believe me when I say that when there is accurate news I will post it.

There will be a new horn design for the TRIO12 shortly and while I haven't heard it I have it on credible authority that it is impressive. Rumor has it that someone well known on this forum wants to build a pair!!

Bob

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
while we're on the topic, is there any intended upper limit to the response, or will it just be inductance determined? I was curious if this could be used in a proper 3 way.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Spare a thought for us poor guys in Oz who have to pay more to import these because there is nobody here who sells them. I can get hold of a tempest x-2 but they need a larger enclosure for a ported design ,so sdx-15 was/ still is attractive.

41 - 60 of 343 Posts