Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Is the Mk I cone and surround being carried forward to the new Mk II driver?
The only thing for sure that is the same is the basket, the cone is different but I think the surround is the same type of NBR (the very first SDX15 had a foam surround but that was soon upgraded). UPS missed the delivery today for some reason so when I have it here I will post more information and perhaps some more pictures.

Bob

·
Registered
580 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a prediction, if the spider is the same the Cms is going to drop in comparison to the older drive because the curves are less (from 75 to 100mm VCD) meaning Mms to be increased in order to achieve the same Fs :hsd:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Arrgghh

I just know this will go all too well filling in my room bass with my Maelstrom.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy one or two :blink:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yes the size comparison is there for a giggle or two.

·
Banned
6 Posts
How long does the testing period take ?
I'd prefer a well tested driver, measured after testing as well.
Also it would be preferable to have several drivers tested (can be done in parallell of course),
drivers from different batches tested. etc. etc.
So you tell me how long you'd expect a testing period would be? :paddle:

I'm expecting a well tested driver over something with nice specs rushed to market :bigsmile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Let's wait until the driver is broken in sufficiently. Better to see how it will behave in the long run. A good break-in can also help identify areas of concern that might shorten driver life. We can be patient.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good things come to those patient enough to wait.

And yes Bob will be making sure this driver is going to be good.

It is a prototype. If it meets spec we are golden. If it needs tweeking it gets tweeked.

Simple.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Bob,

How is the break-in going? Any updates, specs or other information to share yet?
We have run tests both here and at another location. The third location now has the driver and then it will go to a 4th. Assuming all goes well we will make a decision the week of the 25th.

Bob

81 - 100 of 343 Posts