Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

141 - 160 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
The devil is in the details.

Remember that Bob is getting it right so anyone that purchases can be sure that he gets what he paid for.

This driver will perform as listed.

There are quite a few that do not in anyway shape or form meet their published specs. That includes TC Sounds products. I have recently worked with an OEM that did some very careful measurement of the available high excursion drivers and few meet what they claim to do.

So wait and see what is in store for this brand. Good things are a coming.

Mark

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
By any chance is the predicted release date would be before Christmas ? I'm really looking at a sub for my car and I've got my eyes set on this one. Haha. Good luck to you Bob !

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack
Hi,

Not likely; I'm waiting on an update on the recone kit.

Bob

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Creative Sound said:
Hi,

Not likely; I'm waiting on an update on the recone kit.

Bob
Okay. Thanks for the reply so soon ! Best of luck, I can't wait to see & hear the finished product. I'm sure it will be amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sure a cool $6500 plus shipping will get you one.

Or you could wait for a thoroughly worked out properly functioning first run SDX15 Mark II.

It might cost a little less!

Mark

·
Registered
23 Posts
What effect will China's 1400% increase in rare earth materials used in the manufacture of these speakers have on the final price?

Bill C

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
What effect will China's 1400% increase in rare earth materials used in the manufacture of these speakers have on the final price?

Bill C
I don't think it will have much effect Bill as it's not a neodymium motor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's hard not to notice the complete lack of comparable high performance Chinese produced drivers in the DIY market. Is it just a coincidence or something else going on?

Bill C

·
Registered
762 Posts
In my eyes the Chinese are mostly about pumping out quantity no quality so maybe they just don't see it worth putting out product that cost to much money to make and not enough money in return. In making my transition to home audio from car audio I notice a big difference in build quality the home audio product being the better side of that story.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm going to wade in on this one and hopefully set some things straight. :eek:

Almost all drivers have Chinese made parts. Even the ones that say made in America. Your Eminence and JBL drivers are made there. They may be sent over in pieces or have a label silk-screened on them to pass the made in America rules but believe me there is very little being done in the U.S. In fact the bulk of loudspeaker drivers are made completely in China and are shipped under different means and re-branded.

You get what you pay for, specify, and verify. Same thing goes for this side of the pond. There are some very well made products that come from China. In fact some things in loudspeakers are almost impossible to source here. The steel used for the motor structure is a very low carbon alloy. It is almost impossible to source in North America. The premium brands you may think of all use Chinese made parts. That goes for Scanspeak, Vifa, Morel, Eton, Mark Audio etc.

Bob has chosen a very good manufacturer.

He has main land China based contacts that verify what goes in and out.

The parts are tested there and here. So both quality control and source control are taken into account.

His drivers are and will continue to be some of the best available in their class. The fifteen that is in development will be one of highest if not the highest excursion woofers available period. And they will hit their design targets. Not the marketing floobie dust targets that so many other companies publish but cannot meet.

Quality takes time. Distance makes things a bit slower. Keeping things on track takes time and patience. What you end up with is a very well engineered and manufactured package that does what it says it does. :T

Mark

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
This driver will not release till sometime early next year, and thats if all goes well. Should the driver still not deliver what CSS want, then it will slip further. Its just a waiting game now till the end of first quarter next year.

141 - 160 of 343 Posts