Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

161 - 180 of 343 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
They will still need time to test it and see how things have gone. I would give them a week at least before expecting an update. These things unfortunately take time.

·
Registered
580 Posts
We are arranging to have the people that sent the wrong surround to be surrounded and .....

Oh what can you really do? Remember the line about distance makes things harder?

There is no butt to kick! :rant:

But fear not Bob already has plan B in the works. :clap:

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was just reading in the General Subwoofer section about 15's and 18's. Somebody said I could expect output from this woofer that was similar to the TC Ultra5400... I am looking for great bass in a small box. What does someone smarter than me have to say about this? (It doesn't take a lot to be smarter than me.)
Thanks for the help.

Jkrueger

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I was just reading in the General Subwoofer section about 15's and 18's. Somebody said I could expect output from this woofer that was similar to the TC Ultra5400... I am looking for great bass in a small box. What does someone smarter than me have to say about this? (It doesn't take a lot to be smarter than me.)
Thanks for the help.

Jkrueger
That comment was based on performance around the old driver, so as Mike says, applying that to the new driver is a complete guess. That said, I would be surprised if the new driver didnt at least match the old one, so if your not in any sort of rush, it may be well worth waiting to see what the new driver can do.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Hi,

I could dust off my lecture on patience but that probably wouldn't do.

Dan is on his way back from China so I should know more shortly. We're still expecting the new soft parts before Christmas.

Bob

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've read the first page and am interested in having the preliminary specs... even though they haven't been Klippel tested yet.

Will it have a Qts higher or lower than 0.41?
Inductance figure? Lower than 1mH?
Will it be IB doable too?

Thanks a lot,
Kelvin

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
It might be IB doable, but there is generally little reason not to use a proper IB driver, for one they are cheaper. An IB driver needs a QTS of .6 - .7 though.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Hi,

The required soft parts are scheduled to leave China today. If all goes well the driver will be reassembled as early as next week.

Thanks again for you patient support.

Bob

·
Registered
580 Posts
Revenge of the cone heads!

So guess what Bob has sitting in his office?

CAM 014 (Custom).jpg

Oh yeah!

And tough!

See all those mean stitches?

That's Mr. Cone and surround to you guys!

All kidding aside this will be a great cone for the SDX15 MarkII. Things are moving along. Some assembly and some testing and should all work out some production orders. A little at a time and you get what you ask for.

Mark

·
Registered
580 Posts
You won't be far off of the mark.

That is a good general number to shoot for. Anywhere in that ball park should make you very happy for car use.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I was actually looking for a Qts around 0.45 for car audio purpose ;)

Kelvin
That would make more sense.

That cone and surround does look tough I must say, but I bet its got a bit of weight to it as well eh? I hope this new motor is a nice strong one.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Strong, like bull.

Pretty. Like tractor.

All things are figured out. Any way with but a modicum of driver design intelligence one figures that a larger moving mass equals a lower Fs. All in all a well damped driver system. So what we need to do is strap this onto the existing motor and see what it does.

161 - 180 of 343 Posts