Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

SDX15 Mk II

142K views 342 replies 81 participants last post by  Creative Sound 
#1 ·
Hi,

The design is finally complete and the sample will be built as soon as it can be arranged with the factory.

While we have full target specifications and parameters we will not share these until the sample is Klippel tested. There are, however, a couple of points I will release.

1. We are going to a 4" voice coil.

2. We are shooting for 34+ mm Xmax.

3. We are aiming for 1500 watts power handling.

4. The "at times difficult to work with trim ring" has been abandoned and will be replaced by a functional as well as cosmetically distinctive rubber gasket.

5. Both mounting bolts and threaded inserts will be included with each driver.

6. This will be a heavier driver and so shipping costs will go up a bit.

Thanks to all of you for your patience and continued support.

Bob

Subwoofer Audio equipment Product Loudspeaker Light

See less See more
#64 ·
Hi,

Sometimes there is no simple explanation as to why a project seems to grind along so I won't try. On the 24th I will make a decision on whether the latest sample built should be brought in for testing and evaluation. Part of the problem is finding factories that will do smaller runs (and stay in business) as the larger companys are swamped and can demand large quantities.

Bob

PS There will be some other product announcements shortly as well as some special summer pricing.

#78 · (Edited)
I am curious what will be Fs like, it would be perfect if that driver surpasses or comes in a par with the 15" Dayton High Fidelity RSS390HF (Fs 18Hz) in terms of low extension in acceptable Vas

#79 ·
I have a feeling that motor is a lot more optimised than the last one too. 55lbs is a weight increase compared to the old 51lbs. and i think 4lbs of motor, in a "smaller" package says something.

This is one driver i can't wait to see in action. I'm seriously thinking about swapping my older SDX15 out for this newer one if the improvements are as much as i've heard.

Edit: I Definitely like the new shiny motor vs the old black.

#81 ·
The only thing for sure that is the same is the basket, the cone is different but I think the surround is the same type of NBR (the very first SDX15 had a foam surround but that was soon upgraded). UPS missed the delivery today for some reason so when I have it here I will post more information and perhaps some more pictures.

Bob

#85 ·
I have a prediction, if the spider is the same the Cms is going to drop in comparison to the older drive because the curves are less (from 75 to 100mm VCD) meaning Mms to be increased in order to achieve the same Fs :hsd:

#86 ·
Arrgghh

I just know this will go all too well filling in my room bass with my Maelstrom.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy one or two :blink:

#93 ·
I'd prefer a well tested driver, measured after testing as well.
Also it would be preferable to have several drivers tested (can be done in parallell of course),
drivers from different batches tested. etc. etc.
So you tell me how long you'd expect a testing period would be? :paddle:

I'm expecting a well tested driver over something with nice specs rushed to market :bigsmile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.