Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would go with the JBL's. I'm working on three 15" GTI MKI's, two in a dual opposed box and one in a sealed box with 2,400W or 800W per driver. I'm only using 2.35cf per driver but since I'm fully stuffing the boxes, it should be closer to 3cf per driver. I plan to start a build thread when I get my new speakers, hopefully, in the next couple of weeks.

The JBL's will do the best out of all your other options in the mid-bass (50hz and up). Their very low inductance and sophisticated motor will produce very low distortion and a very clean bass with a crossover above 100hz. You can get two of them for less tham $600 at Ebay. A Behringer EP4000 should provide around 800W per driver on each channel at 3ohm which is perfect for the JBL's. All for under $1,000, leaving you enough money for the enclosures and a EQ unit. The LMS-R are also a good choice but is going to be a lot more money. The drivers are quite a bit more and they'll need an amp per driver. Also, they will excel in the low bass (below 30hz) with their extra xmax but your priority is above 20hz, negating some of the LMS-R's advantage. Just my two cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts