Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here, a few pics of my newer DIY projects. Two with TC Sounds TC3000 15's and two with LMS-Ultra 15's. ~3cu ft sealed each.

One of the two TC3000 cabinets,1.5" thick baffle.

Stacked in the corner...

One of the LMS-Ultra cabinets,2.25" thick baffle.

With the mighty LMS-Ultra placed in the almost finished box...for a few shots...

The LMS stack will form the base,and the dual TC3000 stack will be on top.Four high...

Next up in almost finished boxes,again 3 cu ft sealed per driver....these will go in...

and,these...

I am cutting the parts to make cabinets for these...3cu ft per driver.My initial plan was 4.5cu ft ,since space is not at a premium,3 cu ft per driver will do.

When I am finished with the 15's I have ten 18's to deal with.For now lets say,the output with only a fraction of the 15's here is tremendous,sound quality first rate.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Arthur,

Sounds good! Are they all for your HT? How big is it? :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ten 15" drivers and ten 18" drivers powered by ten pro amps.Simply a wall of subs.Each modular and compact sealed module.

More pics this week so you wll see what I am doing.

More on the crazy side than needed.

Plus two subs with dual opposed each (12")

And two with one 21" each.

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Ten 15" drivers and ten 18" drivers powered by ten pro amps.Simply a wall of subs.Each modular and compact sealed module.

More pics this week so you wll see what I am doing.

Plus two subs with dual opposed each (12")

And two with one 21" each.
What for? :raped: It's cheaper to rent a bulldozer to destroy your house :R

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
lol... ya think? :)

Seriously, projects like yours are about 50% of the reason why I come to the forums. Where else do you get to read about such cool builds? Excessive, yes. But definitely cool.

Do you build for fun and constantly upgrade? What happens to your phased out equipment, do you sell it, or do you just keep everything hooked up for kicks? What's going to happen to those 5400s when you get your 10 18's all built??

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol... ya think? :)

Seriously, projects like yours are about 50% of the reason why I come to the forums. Where else do you get to read about such cool builds? Excessive, yes. But definitely cool.

Do you build for fun and constantly upgrade? What happens to your phased out equipment, do you sell it, or do you just keep everything hooked up for kicks? What's going to happen to those 5400s when you get your 10 18's all built??

I do all this for fun,to relax. Upgrade yes I have waves of upgrades...come back more upgrades. I keep almost all my gear,I must have 160K of gear easy. :sick: The LMS-Ultra as well as all my DIY subs will stay home,and I will find creative ways to pack more gear. :devil:

This weekend I have to finish two more cabinets for the SoundSplinter 15's.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT ACOUPOWER 18'S MOUNTED IN CABS EATING ITECH8000 VOLTAGE!:newspaper:
:paddle:

Shorthly they will be mounted,give me three weeks.I am not going to rush anything,I have all the drivers home...save for the Maelstrom-X that should arrive shortly.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what kind of house power (breakers and such) are you planning on using to run 10 1000W+ pro amps? Also, how do you like the TC3K's? I just got one from a friend for free, and picked another one up on sale for cheap. I've heard bad things and good things, and would be interested in your opinion on them seeing as you have so many other drivers to compare them to;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just out of curiosity, what kind of house power (breakers and such) are you planning on using to run 10 1000W+ pro amps? Also, how do you like the TC3K's? I just got one from a friend for free, and picked another one up on sale for cheap. I've heard bad things and good things, and would be interested in your opinion on them seeing as you have so many other drivers to compare them to;)

I have eight 15AMP circuits,four 20AMP and two 30AMP installed.Since the building has four big transformers at the entry and wiring is solid...my electrician told me with full draw on what I have ...NO PROBLEMS in sight.

I am not poking around with one or two 15AMP circuits here. You can have a QSC PowerLight PL380 and run it from a 15AMP circuit...how much will you get ,only a fraction of its full potential. Circuits should be matched to gear.You buy a Krell FPB600...you make sure you have the juice to back it up,you have an Crown iTech8000...supply the circuit with the flow.

The TC3000 isa very high quality driver,the bad rep comes from two to three things. First high inductance,second the cone can be damaged(MISUSE,bottoming...the dimple faced youngster syndrome) and fragile motor mount(the bolts are close to the edge of basket...some arrved cracked!).

The last two are a non issue ,the high inductance a minor one.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Nice pics Arthur. What main is that in the front looking so small and dainty next to the 15's? Are the LMS's on the bottom? I figure yes because the cone is black and they are the heavier of the 2.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts