Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ED LT1300
12" TC epic

First I built a box for the amp. I like trying out different subs so didn't want to build the plate amp into the box.

Sealed box 1.75cuft

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,335 Posts
Very impressive work. How does it sound?

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
How does it compare to the RE? :D

Great build also.

·
Registered
683 Posts
That was a very clean build! Nice job, I like the silver finish you chose, and I bet it sounds great! :T If you don't mind me asking, what was your reasoning to not double up the baffle and flush mount the driver?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very impressive work. How does it sound?
I am very impressed with it considering it only has a 2" voice coil. Nice tight bass. Not sloppy at all. Even with it being sealed it still digs low.

How does it compare to the RE? :D

Great build also.
I have yet to try the RE its day will come. :D

Looks great, the routing job with the silver is a good combo!
Thank you!

That was a very clean build! Nice job, I like the silver finish you chose, and I bet it sounds great! :T If you don't mind me asking, what was your reasoning to not double up the baffle and flush mount the driver?
I didn't deem it necessary. It could have slightly improved the aesthetics. If it was a more permanent setup I might have went the extra mile, but I happy with the way it turned out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
What size router roundover bit did you use? I have been planning to do some roundover work, but can't visualize how the various sizes look. Yours looks great, larger roundovers look sort of crude, to me.
Nice job BTW.:sn:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

1/4 round over. I like the way it looks and I wouldn't go any bigger in fear of running into the brad nail.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks, your choice looks really appealing, aesthetically.
Now I know what Santa's going to bring me!:clap:

Larry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice Job! A couple of question, what are the overall outside dimensions of the box and what size amp did you use. {watts}? Thanks for your time.

Mario

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:wave:

hello!! my build made it onto the HTS newsletter

Nice Job! A couple of question, what are the overall outside dimensions of the box and what size amp did you use. {watts}? Thanks for your time.

Mario
16"x16"x17"

The amp is capable of 1300watts but I am not running it to its full potential. Sub wouldn't be able to handle it.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
:wave:

hello!! my build made it onto the HTS newsletter

16"x16"x17"

The amp is capable of 1300watts but I am not running it to its full potential. Sub wouldn't be able to handle it.
It was beautifully done so it had to go in - hope it sounds as good as it looks! :T

1 - 15 of 15 Posts