Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

281 - 300 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Wow, it's looks like I missed a lot again, this thread really moves along.

Great job on adding the new electrical and commenting on the effect, this is a very informative thread all the way around.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The EQ is designed for PA setups. It is fabulous for all the tinkering you need for that.....But, no filters down really low below 20 Hz. Also, you need to have it hooked to a computer for all that adjustments and then let it rip. Better to just go with separate EQ.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
With the I-tech 8000 do you need a seperate EQ? It shows to have a dsp built in but is it good enough for home use?
`
Brandon . . . . if you even snicker or sneeze a possibility that there's a Crown Itech 8000 in your future, I'll just lay down and die.
As far as I've read, anywhere, RoberCharles is the ONLY HT enthusiast running THE best amp in the world, The Crown Itech 8000.
One of my amps is an XTi 4000 and it has a DSP structured kinda like the Crown Itech 8000 but only about 1/10 as functional.
That Crown DSP stuff is spectacular and it has all the variations and adjustments and protections you will ever need with your LMS ULTRA. and NO you do NOT need an EQ when you have a DSP. The EQ is a part of the DSP process. Oh, and you can hook it up to your remote FOH computer and make all the adjustments from where ever! Oh, and it'll make your coffee in the morning along with a side order of bacon and eggs.

·
Registered
464 Posts
`
Brandon . . . . if you even snicker or sneeze a possibility that there's a Crown Itech 8000 in your future, I'll just lay down and die.
As far as I've read, anywhere, RoberCharles is the ONLY HT enthusiast running THE best amp in the world, The Crown Itech 8000.
One of my amps is an XTi 4000 and it has a DSP structured kinda like the Crown Itech 8000 but only about 1/10 as functional.
That Crown DSP stuff is spectacular and it has all the variations and adjustments and protections you will ever need with your LMS ULTRA. and NO you do NOT need an EQ when you have a DSP. The EQ is a part of the DSP process. Oh, and you can hook it up to your remote FOH computer and make all the adjustments from where ever! Oh, and it'll make your coffee in the morning along with a side order of bacon and eggs.
Crown now has the Itech 8000HD. It is an absolute beast of an amp.

·
Registered
464 Posts
By the way, not the only one, I just think I might have been one of the first though. I have one Itech bridged to each cabinet and I must say they are truly special. If you choose this amp, they are a little expensive, but they perform as stated from my observations.

Good luck

Robert

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
.....But, no filters down really low below 20 Hz.
`
I place my first DSP filter right on 20Hz then I spread the Q of the filter so that the frequencies from 20Hz on down to 5Hz get raised by the amount you choose. I usually have mine set for +5. It goes to +15.
The LMS is terrific down there around 5-10Hz. It makes my concrete floor feel like jello.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes, it appears you do. I needed a High pass filter set at 14 Hz, and I wanted to get there without using a combo of filters, so I went with a MIC 2200. It has high pass filtering from 10-200 HZ. I went with it until I can get all the system completely turned out. I was hoping to be able to incorporate the DSP of the Itechs if and when I fully complete my system.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I run the LMS without a High pass filter.
I have the "system" eq'd by the receiver MCACC AFTER I adjust a FR curve using the PEQ to boost the low end of the LMS.
My 6.1 cu ft. box is sealed.

·
Registered
464 Posts
All I know is that sometimes it is like being hit by a truck. I love the cabinets and the drivers. I just want to keep making improvements to what I have and enjoy the conversations about the new designs and systems along the way. While I learn some new things, I might be able to offer some advice that might help another.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I really think the clone amp will come in handy if you decide to add a second LMS Ultra. You can't run the clone amp into 4 ohms bridged, not that you would want to anyway. You can only run the clone amp on 1 channel which is said to give out 4400 watts into 4 ohms for the FP14000 but the other channel would go unused. It also costs about $900 shipped, for a single LMS Ultra I personally think it's overkill.

The LG FP14000 clone amp is a very nice amp though but there is no warranty as it comes directly from China. I probably will order 1 though one of these days, just not today:)
This 5 post count limit is driving me insane. I've written some well thought out posts only to get rejected and loose everything I've written.... :rant:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I tried that but couldn't come up with anything other than forum talks. So searched the forum discussions on where they got theres and came up with the name SANWAY china. is this the one you are referring to?

http://www.china-sanway.com/Product.asp?BigClassName=FP-new series Switching Power Amplifier
Yes, that is it... I can't PM you yet and I'm frustrated I just spent 45min responding to you and Sub-Crazy's comments about the Clone for my entire post to be rejected for having a link on it... Gotta cool off...

·
Registered
395 Posts
@popalock...the mods may have told you this, but if not I'll chime in. If you go to the off topic area, look for the sticky " post padding thread". There you can get those first five off and out of the way quick. I don't know all the reasons for this, if any, but I have a feeling it's a spam protection measure built into the forum.

·
Registered
112 Posts
kadijk said:
@popalock...the mods may have told you this, but if not I'll chime in. If you go to the off topic area, look for the sticky " post padding thread". There you can get those first five off and out of the way quick. I don't know all the reasons for this, if any, but I have a feeling it's a spam protection measure built into the forum.
Cool, thanks. I've crossed the 5 post barrier, so I guess I should be good.

281 - 300 of 446 Posts