Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

301 - 320 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
This 5 post count limit is driving me insane. I've written some well thought out posts only to get rejected and loose everything I've written.... :rant:
Are you wondering about the quote were I mentioned the Clone not liking 4 ohm bridged or 2 ohm stereo operation? I have just read this a few times over at another forum regarding the Clone amp, those that have tried it said they later had to get the clone repaired.

It does make me wonder though why the clone will not do lower impedance loads. I have run my Face Audio F1600TX and F1150TX with 1.5ohm loads before without any problems and ran them hard.

I have heard the clone amp though, it does sound really good with an LMS Ultra and one day I will pick one up when I need one.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
The original fans are reported to be LOUD. The factory will replace the original fan with a quieter less CFM than the original if you order it. The replacement fan is quieter but still audible. The amp will run hotter with a fan with less CFM.
The amp is sensitive to being over extended on low ohm loads. The power supply is JUST large enough to push the advertised power ratings IF the loads are within specs.
It is definitely a powerful amp but like anything else it has limitations.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Yeah, the pictures notnyt showed on AVS of how to change out the fans didn't make it look easy.
The comments by others who had the factory change out indicated they could still hear the fans over their normal listening volume. One member disconnected the fans altogether thinking that, at his normal listening volume the amp was probably over-heat safe.
For now Just enjoy your CE 4000 ! Play some loud scary stuff and scare the Mrs. Then play some very soothing deep low stuff and put some after shave on and really impress her . . . . or is she too smart for that?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are you wondering about the quote were I mentioned the Clone not liking 4 ohm bridged or 2 ohm stereo operation? I have just read this a few times over at another forum regarding the Clone amp, those that have tried it said they later had to get the clone repaired.

It does make me wonder though why the clone will not do lower impedance loads. I have run my Face Audio F1600TX and F1150TX with 1.5ohm loads before without any problems and ran them hard.

I have heard the clone amp though, it does sound really good with an LMS Ultra and one day I will pick one up when I need one.
Yeah, the Clone is only stable down to 2.8ohm. I don't have the technical background to tell you exactly "why," but the others who have done the technical measurements can really break it down. I want to say that it has something to do with the quality of components, ect...

In the post that got deleted (still mad about that :hissyfit:) I also mentioned something about how you really can't beat the $ per watt ratio that the Clone provides. I mean, 8,800 watts for around $900 is hard to beat by any account. Wonder how much that Crown I-Tech 8000 was?:whistling: Not having a warranty is definitely a risk one would have to be willing to take, but from what I have seen thus far, faluts are few and far between.

I plan on getting a Clone soon, even though I will just be pushing one Ultra in the short term until I can get another one in a few months (gotta slow play it with the wife).

Here is the link for the clone amp discussion popalock mention:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1334237
That's it! Thanks man.

I found one within reasonable price. How loud is the fan??
There seems to be a few different opinions on how loud the fans are. I've heard that the inital start up is louder than regular operation. With that said, everyone I have talked to say that unless you have an a/v rack with a door, it's loud enough to be irritating when listening to movies or music at low volumes.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
The Clone amp's fan is not that bad if you have them install the quieter version, I have heard it my-self.

I have to admit that the only thing that really bugs me about the Clone amp is the flat out theft of Lab Gruppen's design, they didn't even bother to change the model # or casing. LG spends $$$ designing this awesome amp and somebody just steals it and sells there lesser version for pennies on the dollar. That's the real reason I have not bought one, I am supporting a thief by giving them my money.

I also worry about buying anything direct from China that is electronic by nature even though I know the Clone amp has a safety label on the back. How do we know the safety label isn't just cloned as well? If this thing catches on fire and burns down our house the insurance company will look for any excuse to deny the claim.

Just venting on the thieves at Sanway, I am not going to support that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #311 (Edited)
The Clone amp's fan is not that bad if you have them install the quieter version, I have heard it my-self.

I have to admit that the only thing that really bugs me about the Clone amp is the flat out theft of Lab Gruppen's design, they didn't even bother to change the model # or casing. LG spends $$$ designing this awesome amp and somebody just steals it and sells there lesser version for pennies on the dollar. That's the real reason I have not bought one, I am supporting a thief by giving them my money.

I also worry about buying anything direct from China that is electronic by nature even though I know the Clone amp has a safety label on the back. How do we know the safety label isn't just cloned as well? If this thing catches on fire and burns down our house the insurance company will look for any excuse to deny the claim.

Just venting on the thieves at Sanway, I am not going to support that.
i didn't know you could ask for a different fan. So how would this fan noise compare the the crown CE4000? I personally don't think its very loud myself. I can sell the crown and add a few hundred and get one of those if they are that much better. Kinda sucks that there is no kind of warranty, so definately a gamble.

Granted it may be over kill now, but i can already tell i am going to have to add another 18" lms to even out the sound in my living room....(really? yall didn't see this comming?? lol).. Sounds great where i sit, but move to another spot.....

i watched that guys video in the other thread and his sub with the itech 8000 can really move compared to mine with the crown. Granted the crown gets the job done, but im kinda jealous lol

(update) Just decided to go ahead and Email the sanway company. Questioned them on Voltage and Fan ugrades. And if there was a fan upgrade, how much did it cost. Will let yall know what i find out

I'm just brainstorming on stuff right now

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Brandon,

From what I have heard there is no up-charge for the quieter fan.

Just a second LMS Ultra? Oh no my friend, you don't know what you have gotten yourself into:devil:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Brandon,

From what I have heard there is no up-charge for the quieter fan.

Just a second LMS Ultra? Oh no my friend, you don't know what you have gotten yourself into:devil:
`
No seriously, EVERYONE who's ANYONE should have at least TWO Ultras right Robertcharles? LOL
Brandon you haven't had a full 24 hour listening session with yours yet . . . . slow down, enjoy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #316
I'm not going to take that project on any time soon. Just trying to figure out an amp that will suite current and future needs.

The clone can have "very quiet" fans exchanged for no cost

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I wouldn't call them "very quiet" fans, there still loud but the stock fans I hear sound like jet turbines. I would say you will probably want to have the amp at least 15' away from your listening position or more. I was sitting about 10' away when I heard the clone amp and the quiet fan was still audible but of course during an action movie you not going to hear it. The only time it would be a problem I would think is during quiet passages in a movie or music.

The people I know who have gotten a clone amp there was no extra charge for the quieter fans.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The noise on any pro amp that puts out massive power is probably more than most audiophiles can tolerate. The fan mods help a lot, but all in all, the only true way to eliminate the noise is to put the amps in a remote location or build a soundproof rack with airflow to remove the heat generated by the components. It can be done.

Just enjoy the setup for now and, as I said, upgraditis hits us all. Just reign it in and enjoy your work that you did. Take your time and do not rush or you will end up just buying things just because you might think they might be better. You have a serious LFE system that most people will never possess. Crank it up and shake the walls!!

Later,

Robert

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #319 (Edited)
here is the brand of fans for anyone wanting to know ""will send the FP14000 with SUNON fans""

These are the pics he sent me and I'm sure these pics are probably posted several times over on other sites. but here they are again.

I tried to post the Manual also, but it was 1.22 MB and i don't know how to shrink it

Attachments

301 - 320 of 446 Posts