Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

381 - 400 of 446 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
I have had almost a week to watch different movies and listen to music since i tuned the sms-1. This EQ made all the difference, the bass in movies sounds awesome. I have even rewatched movies that had the Anti-mode on it to try and tell a difference. Sms-1 wins hands down. The pop noise is completely gone even when cranked way up. Its safe to say this project is finally complete..... at least until i decide to add another. hahaha

·
Registered
112 Posts
brandon123 said:
I have had almost a week to watch different movies and listen to music since i tuned the sms-1. This EQ made all the difference, the bass in movies sounds awesome. I have even rewatched movies that had the Anti-mode on it to try and tell a difference. Sms-1 wins hands down. The pop noise is completely gone even when cranked way up. Its safe to say this project is finally complete..... at least until i decide to add another. hahaha
Bravo buddy! Great to hear.

I'll be right behind you as soon as Parts Express gets more LMS's back in stock. 31 July at the earliest... That's if EricH ever get's any of his flat packs in stock. (DIY isn't an option for me)

I'll have the SMS ready and wating!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Erich will have his flat packs in stock before the LMS Ultra. He is just swamped with his landscaping business and I heard him mention that he has hired help so things should move along more quickly within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
sub_crazy said:
Erich will have his flat packs in stock before the LMS Ultra. He is just swamped with his landscaping business and I heard him mention that he has hired help so things should move along more quickly within the next few weeks.
Hey, glad to hear business is going good! Given his flatpacks are priced so well, I can only imagine business is only going to increase the more word gets around.

I haven't even bought one yet and I'm recommending them to people. Can't wait to back my recommendation up with a review of my own...

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Could somebody help me? I have no idea what a flatPack is but I already feel like I need it or one or maybe two. I guess I'm still new around here since I have no idea what a flat-pack does. I don't even know if its one word or two.

HELP??? :huh:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gregr said:
Could somebody help me? I have no idea what a flatPack is but I already feel like I need it or one or maybe two. I guess I'm still new around here since I have no idea what a flat-pack does. I don't even know if its one word or two.

HELP??? :huh:
And you call yourself a senior shackster?!?!? j/k

A flat pack is a pre cut item shipped in pieces and assembled by the end user.

It is more cost effective to ship a "flatpack" vs a fully assembled box.

Most furniture companies ship their products this way.

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Of course they do. I knew that..., NOT.

I've put many a kit together as an end user and/or contractor and sold a ton while working at Home Depot and now with a new Shop-Bot CNC Router it is possible to build a few.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gregr said:
Of course they do. I knew that..., NOT.

I've put many a kit together as an end user and/or contractor and sold a ton while working at Home Depot and now with a new Shop-Bot CNC Router it is possible to build a few.
CNC Router = Uuber jealous.

·
Registered
112 Posts
popalock said:
Bravo buddy! Great to hear.

I'll be right behind you as soon as Parts Express gets more LMS's back in stock. 31 July at the earliest... That's if EricH ever get's any of his flat packs in stock. (DIY isn't an option for me)

I'll have the SMS ready and wating!
My SMS-1 is on order. Given I won't be up and running with my dual LMS setup until August, it's going to be intetesting to see if the SMS can tame my boomy Def Tech Supercube Reference.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
I still can't believe the difference the EQ made. This sub is AMAZING. I know for a while i thought my amp wasn't big enough. The amp is PLENTY. I finally was able to get the house to myself and test some limits. i didn't mess with the gain on amp. Just started turning up the sms-1 volume. when i got up to 50 i decided i had better go put on some ear protection. then went up to like 77. This sub has some awesome excursion!! (but yall know that already, just fun seeing it in person). All that time i was trying to get it to move like the one in the video the other member did, but couldn't because i thought i was bottoming it out and that was all it could do with my amp or maybe i screwed the design up on my box. It was neither. it was that anti-mode messing me up. just wrong eq for the job. You can sit in front of this thing and feel the bass in your chest. Not once even at this volume did the amp start flashing red lights or any pop noise. At this point i didn't see a need to raise it any louder, i now know what everyone Raves about when the talk about the LMS 5400. My beloved paradigm seismic 12, has absolutely nothing on this DIY project. Well worth the time, effort, and $$. I recommend it Highly

·
Registered
112 Posts
Always awesome to hear!

Too bad parts express isn't getting anymore in until the end of July.

I should have everything built and ready to just drop them in place.

Glad you are loving your Ultra!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
Posting to YouTube look like you got a "dot" in the wrong place. If you look at the link on your post here Post #396..., you got a dot in the wrong place.

Try it again for youtube.com

381 - 400 of 446 Posts