Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to remind everybody to always buckle up and that means everybody from the driver to all the passengers in the front, middle, last rows.

Yesterday, the seat belts saved my family.

My parents along with my kids were in my dad's Lexus RX SUV heading to the local shopping mall. My dad was driving the SUV and my mom along with my 2 kids were in the back row. (my wife and I were at work).

The RX is a small SUV so it only has two rows.

While, my dad was crossing an intersection (he had the green light), another vehicle (4runner) ran the red light and slammed right into my dad's SUV. The impact area was the driver side near the rear of the car.

My Dad's SUV spin a few times and then rolled over. Since they were all buckled in, when the SUV finally stop on the road upside down, they were all saved. Within a min, 2 police cars, a fire truck and a tow truck were there. All the windows of the SUV were gone and the rear door of the SUV was wide open. The police pulled everybody out via the back door.

Luckily and by the grace of God, nobody got injured. All walked away from the crash. My parents and kids obviously have some sore muscles due to the impact but outside of that nothing major. Seat belts really saved their lives.

The other driver was given a ticket for causing the accident. His vehicle (4Runner) had front damage but was drivable. My parents car was totaled.

Buckle up folks.. It works. You never know when an accident will happen. Better be safe than sorry.

No matter where you are in the vehicle, buckle up.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
So glad to hear your family is ok. Given the damage to your dad's vehicle it sounds like Gods hand was also in this keeping them from further injury :T
Seat belts do work that's for sure!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it was a miracle to say the least. I thank God everyday! :)

In a few seconds, my family would have been cut by half (worst case scenario). But thru God's grace and the power of the seat belts, we were all saved to say the least.

So, no matter where you are in the vehicle, always buckle up. :)

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
Good to hear you family is OK..That would have been a totally different scenario if they hadn't been wearing seat belts!
I hope you thanked your Dad for being so diligent about everyone being belted up..

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. I thanked him and my mom for always insisting on us even back in the day to buckle up in the backseat even when it wasn't the law. Now, of course, it is required by law for all passengers to have the seat belt on regardless of where you sit in the vehicle. But you do hear every now and then in the news about some tragic accident where one or more occupants exited the vehicle due to not using the seat belt.

·
HTS Senior Moderator
8,367 Posts
I don't understand people who don't buckle up..They're taking their lives into their own hands every time they drive..
I know seat belts have saved my life on more than one occasion, over many.. many years of driving!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Thank the Lord you family is OK. That sounds like a real deal of a crash. Statisitics prove that seat belts work. Most injuries are sustained when ejected from the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Man so glad to here they survived a horrific accident as that.bumps and bruises are way better than the alternative.hope they get better soon and look forward to their future purchase.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yeah, as horrific the accident was, we were fortunate that everybody came out ok.

My dad got a rental car now so he is shopping around to see what his replacement vehicle will be.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Nice to hear everyone is ok. I wear my seatbelt all the time and your story is proof they work.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
IMG_0845.JPG
here is a picture to give you perspective.

We all can testify that seatbelts do work. As drivers, we always put it on. It is the rear passengers that often times do not put it on and often pay the price. Everybody in the vehicle needs to buckle up. We can all testify to this fact. It saves lives!

·
Super Moderator
9,186 Posts
Wow - it's amazing that the front seat passengers weren't hurt, even with seat belts on!

When I was 21 I was a passenger in the back seat of a car that hit a light pole at maybe 5 MPH. I was shocked at the sheer force that slammed me against the front seat. I said to myself, “If this is what 5 MPH feels like, I sure don’t want to feel what 30 or 40 or 50 MPH feels like.” I’ve been wearing seatbelts religiously ever since, and trained all our kids to wear them too.

I used to subscribe to the local newspaper in sparsely-populated county a few counties away from mine. Of course, in a place like that things make the news that you’d never see in the big-city papers where I live, and every time there was an wreck on the main highway it was front-page news. I couldn’t help but notice that in ever incident where they reported a fatality, they also noted that the dead people weren’t wearing seat belts.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seat belts do save lives. Even in big cities we see in the news about someone thrown from the car due to not wearing seat belts. It is just crazy. Seat belts are there for a reason. Buckle up folks. There is no second chance when you are dead.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts