Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Absolutely agree! It took me a long time to come to this conclusion. It's a mythical goal. Fortunately, I didn't go broke on the journey. Once I got past that hump it was easy to focus in on speakers that get the most important job done. Producing music that's "fun" to listen to. Hence my ending up with the catalysts and speaker upgraditis being dead. No longer am I fidgeting with stuff or wondering what if I did X. It's turn it on and have a blast.

Don't get me wrong there are a lot of wonderful sounding speakers out there. But there was always an exception with all of them. They do this or that good.. or sound better with certain music.. or they have to be placed in a strict location and work well for this small spot to listen in. You can go on and on. The catalyst is the first speaker I can just forget about and listen. Hiding them behind a screenwall takes it even further. Sometimes you forget what's behind there. :gulp:
Seeing posts like this makes me want to bug Mark again about how the stands are coming along - soooo looking forward to getting my new Catalysts up and going!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I would be busting. I hope they arrive soon for you

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
As in Mark Seaton?

I have seen him posting on other forums yesterday and days before.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I know he is on lots of forums and constantly doing subcontracting for clients so I would assume he is just busy and maybe just somehow missing your messages. I dont know how customer service is with him but he seems like a great guy to chat with. SO I am hoping its just something simple.

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
I know he is on lots of forums and constantly doing subcontracting for clients so I would assume he is just busy and maybe just somehow missing your messages. I dont know how customer service is with him but he seems like a great guy to chat with. SO I am hoping its just something simple.
Agreed - he is a great guy to chat with. I am sure he he is busy and they have AXPONA coming up, but waiting four months for stands after I spent thousands of dollars for the speakers really has me feeling pretty inconsequential and perhaps my business is not desired.

I was hoping to have provided some impressions for these in my own room by now...

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder then.:scratch: Months down the road you would think he would maybe miss a week but not months.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed - he is a great guy to chat with. I am sure he he is busy and they have AXPONA coming up, but waiting four months for stands after I spent thousands of dollars for the speakers really has me feeling pretty inconsequential and perhaps my business is not desired.

I was hoping to have provided some impressions for these in my own room by now...

I sent you a pm long time ago how long i have been waiting and was hoping to here back from you saying you got your cat 8 stands. I have been waiting for close to 2 years now for my cat 8 stands. I just built some temp ones so it hasn't really bothered me for got all about them. Getting the Cat 12 stands was no problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
If they took THAT long I would build them myself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I mentioned that in my above post covered them with black material because they dont look pretty. My room is total black out so you dont notice them for rear and side surrounds.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hopefully this gets resoled soon. I figured he could just throw in some numbers in his CNC and be done with it. :huh:

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
To bad you can't get your stands:(. I would certainly think twice before buying from someone who doesn't at least respond to inquires, 2 years for the other guy!?!?

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
To bad you can't get your stands:(. I would certainly think twice before buying from someone who doesn't at least respond to inquires, 2 years for the other guy!?!?
I am guessing stands just don't have a high enough profit margin to be worthwhile - but, the whole not returning phone calls thing is the troubling part IMO...

·
Registered
910 Posts
I know profit margins are important but it comes down to Good customer Support. If they want to keep you coming back for future purchases down the road in a very competitive market then they need to step up & provide the support. If he is unable to deliver the stands due to tight profit margins etc then don't sell the stands. It sets a false expectation. I was interested in the C8's but would now look elsewhere based on your poor experience.

Good luck I hope this works out for you.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I know profit margins are important but it comes down to Good customer Support. If they want to keep you coming back for future purchases down the road in a very competitive market then they need to step up & provide the support. If he is unable to deliver the stands due to tight profit margins etc then don't sell the stands. It sets a false expectation. I was interested in the C8's but would now look elsewhere based on your poor experience. Good luck I hope this works out for you.
+1.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts