Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
They are 100% serious. When they say HigherFi they mean it.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I'm thinking those are for large venue clientele not your house or even your theater needs that kind of power.
Speakers don't have power. They use power.

I've heard Apogee Grands and Martin Logan Statements. I believe they are worth the money. I know someone who owns a pair of Infinity IRS-V's. I'm sure he thinks they're worth the money. I get to listen to them a couple of times a year. They are worth the money.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've actually heard the Hansen Audio Grand Masters. They may have been the best speakers I've ever heard, but didn't immediately jump out at me as such, if that makes sense. In other words, they didn't blow me away, and if they were the best, only by a slim margin.

They were certainly the most expensive. I did listen to several pair at a home audio show in New York that were in the $20k area, but beyond that, I've been playing purely at a mass market level.

If anything, I'd say the Hansens were also in one of the best rooms I've ever heard, and I bet the room cost much less than $240. I'd wager that if you had $240k to spend, you could drop $20k on speakers, $20k on a room, $200k on beer, and be 99% of the way there.
Spend more on beer and get all the way there.:T

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.