Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello every,
I am the type that researches and really gets into a hobby. Truth be told I have no time to take on this new hobby and I just need some quick advice on paint for my screen. I will give some stats and then leave it up to you who know!
Goal: to get a simple decent viewable screen on a budget. I have a home Depot and Lowes both near.
Equipment: Epson s4 projector with new bulb.
Mounted about 140 " projecting about 120 diagonal.
Room: very dark blue color, white ceiling. Windows have black out shades. Most movies will be watched at night. Viewing distance is roughly 10 feet.

Any thing else I can get you the answer. I really have no clue on what helps what and what matters. And I don't have the time to take on another hobby right this moment. I refuse to just slap up a grey and call it good and figure that you all could at least get me a decent screen suggestion. Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
If you're not watching during the day, then ambient light is not a problem. So you can go with a white screen. Grays help with black levels with ambient light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help. So something like the Glidden white that is recommended in the sticky would be good as long as I have very little ambient? If I were trying to help recover some black due to ambient light being present I would in that case go with a grey?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts